Other Dirt bike no start

hey guys so about 2 months ago i was on here asking why my bike had no idle, you guys said clean carb multiple times which I did and I got it started and ran beautifully. Then about a week later i tried to start it again and went to the same problem no idle, so I told myself I will get to it.

So fast forward 2 months because I got busy with school/work and couldn't get to it, now i cannot get it started. replaced the spark plug, and oil, fresh air filter and cleaned the carb again all the nooks and screws both pilot jet and main jet I can see through. I even sprayed some starting fluid and it would not even sound like it wanted to crank.

The only thing is I didn't have fresh gas in there could that be a reason for not starting at all?

got spark? what bike? (some of them just will not start cold if the throttle is too far open so you may even want to check visually to see that the slide is coming down so far you can't see through the carburetor bore.)

Last edited:
got spark? what bike? (some of them just will not start cold if the throttle is too far open so you may even want to check visually to see that the slide is coming down so far you can't see through the carburetor bore.)

its a 2003 kawasaki klx125l. yes it has spark.

its a 2003 kawasaki klx125l. yes it has spark.

When you pulled the plug, was it wet or dry? Dry indicating no fuel into the engine, if it was wet it is possible the engine was flooded, even if you replaced a fouled plug it is sometimes necessary to turn off the gas and kick the engine over several times with the plug out to blow out excess fuel. Then reinstall plug turn on fuel, choke it with no throttle at all and kick. If it does not start, I would roll throttle wide open and hold it while you try kicking again. Also what kind of spark do you have? It should be I nice blue spark. Also if the fuel is only two months old I don't see that being a problem.

When you pulled the plug, was it wet or dry? Dry indicating no fuel into the engine, if it was wet it is possible the engine was flooded, even if you replaced a fouled plug it is sometimes necessary to turn off the gas and kick the engine over several times with the plug out to blow out excess fuel. Then reinstall plug turn on fuel, choke it with no throttle at all and kick. If it does not start, I would roll throttle wide open and hold it while you try kicking again. Also what kind of spark do you have? It should be I nice blue spark. Also if the fuel is only two months old I don't see that being a problem.

i didnt check the plug to see but will do within the next couple days, but i will take the tip of being flooded. it was a semi blue spark very faint blue and, thanks i was gonna try some fresh gas anyway, cant hurt

I started two of mine this weekend on gas I put in, in the fall. The gas for the two stroke got mixed in the spring of 2014. it lights. my guess is you still have a plugged up low speed circuit, enrichenor circuit is likely included on that one. dribble a little bit of fuel down the spark plug hole when you have it out again. put the plug back in fairly quickly and turn on the key and kick it over. see if it starts or tries to. if so it tells you that your carburetor may be getting fuel, but it isn't making it's way into the intake.

I started two of mine this weekend on gas I put in, in the fall. The gas for the two stroke got mixed in the spring of 2014. it lights. my guess is you still have a plugged up low speed circuit, enrichenor circuit is likely included on that one. dribble a little bit of fuel down the spark plug hole when you have it out again. put the plug back in fairly quickly and turn on the key and kick it over. see if it starts or tries to. if so it tells you that your carburetor may be getting fuel, but it isn't making it's way into the intake.
thanks for the tip, ill report back in a couple days and see if anything works

Normally it needs to run first before it can quit.
Well i went out this morning to start and on the third kick it tried and then the 6th it was started and i did nothing just plugged the boot back in, stayed running everything worked choke and idle screw. ran it around a few min and ran beautiful.

So its very dirty from 2 years ago when i stopped riding, and i just bought a new powerfoam cannon for my car and was wondering if its safe to use or just use water?

Well i went out this morning to start and on the third kick it tried and then the 6th it was started and i did nothing just plugged the boot back in, stayed running everything worked choke and idle screw. ran it around a few min and ran beautiful.

So its very dirty from 2 years ago when i stopped riding, and i just bought a new powerfoam cannon for my car and was wondering if its safe to use or just use water?

I use a pressure washer that I have at home on my bikes, but I usually keep it on the wide spray, as the narrow spray is more apt to create havock. As long as you use it wisely i have not had a problem.

I use a pressure washer that I have at home on my bikes, but I usually keep it on the wide spray, as the narrow spray is more apt to create havock. As long as you use it wisely i have not had a problem.

thanks guys for all the help, most appreciated. Yeah i wasnt to sure about the soap but figured it would be fine. ill just use the white nozzle at 40degrees

thanks again