Custom GPS mount

Looking to build a mount for my antique GPS (Garmin GPSMap76). I know Big Dan (SRAD97750) brother Mike has built one out of wood, and it's a pretty slick looking mount. But not having wood working experience, or the tools. I would like to build one of out metal. Lets see what ideas you guys have come up with!?

Without seeing it, and seeing your handle bar setup, to see how it would have to fit, I've got squat. Just sayin'. :noidea:
Good point Timoyz.

Here is my particular application I am trying to make it work for. However, if any of you have built one already....mind posting up some pics of what you did....at least gives me something to work with. Anyone know where i can get some mounts similar to what my bark busters use (or build something similar)? I was thinking about tapping into those....but they are weak aluminum (Chinese) an don't want to compromise the integrity of them.

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

When I got home today, I went to work on the truck. Making some tube doors for the summer. I had to move around some stuff to make room to store the doors. When I saw these guys on my bicycle. Originally used as mounts for a surfboard rack. Living in Ontario....i doubt ill be biking to the beach anytime soon. BUT The bad news is they are too big in diameter. They aren't steel, so I can't weld spacers in there. Was thinking getting some rubber and gluing it in? Any other ideas?
IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg