CRF230F or L stator in CRF150F

Alright guys, we are planning a lot of long rides this summer and it may get dark on most of them. I want to put a light on the little CRF150F but I know the stator wont be able to handle that. So my question is will a 230f or even an L stator fit it so I can wire lights? Im sure it can but I want to ask around first. thanks :thumb:

Depending on the year the cases are almost identical. Are you going with the kick start 150?

They make ones with e-start? Huh, yeah its a kick start. Its a 2004 150 so an 04 230 should work. But should I use the L since it already runs lights? Along with the regulator? Thanks

The 150 from I believe 06 up is electric start. If the case is the same on the L then you can go that route.

I crossed some numbers, the case is the same size, but the stator is off by one number at the beginning, which tells me the only difference is the electrical output, they are the same size just different amperage. Well I definitely want to do this now. So all I need is the L stator and regulator and a good headlight. Anything in mind? What is a good brand of headlight, I've been looking art the polisport. Acerbis just wouldn't fit the look of the bike at all, and its and ugly headlight if you ask me haha.

Trail tech makes a good light but looks are hard to find if you are looking for a stock kind of thing maybe a bajadesign is the only stock looking one but then that is like all the sheeple. I had the BD on my 03XR400

I can not find a 2004 230L stator... I can only find an 08. This sucks, do you think a 230f stator will work just the same as far as power output?

The L came out in 08. The F should be fine if you find a low draw light. Other than that get a bicycle light by night vision and run it off a seperate power.

I'll see what I can dig up. That makes sense then since I can only find '08 parts :smirk:. trail tech makes a low draw LED light for pretty cheap. Now all I need to do is find an after market stator since oem is so friggin expensive.