150F/230F CRF230 light options?

Hey guys, anyone running a headlight on their 230f? I have googled and searched on this site so forgive me if I missed something. My coworker suggested I get a headlight off a 250/450x but I dont know if it will fit. I like the fact of putting something Honda designed on my bike. I have found this as well http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GSTXKG...UTF8&colid=20O9LYEMA1CHS&coliid=I8DW4LB5OVGUZ and it looks factory and promising if I cant get a factory light kit.

It looks factory, more so than every thing else I have found on the interwebs, the rest of it is Mickey Mouse street fighter BS

Thanks,

John

Forgive me if I am wrong but your bike is an 03 right? It doesn't have a battery does it? You will have to do more than just mount a light that is for sure. You will have to change the magnito to one that has a charging circuit and mount a battery box install a battery too.

CRF's only!
Forgive me if I am wrong but your bike is an 03 right? It doesn't have a battery does it? You will have to do more than just mount a light that is for sure. You will have to change the magnito to one that has a charging circuit and mount a battery box install a battery too.
I think ALL 230's have the bat. Thats the upgrade from the XR200 in 2002.

The 03 is electric start (sadly no kick start) so I think I just need the light and the switch, especially according to the above Amazon ad. And the pictured light looks nice, and looks factory, I just would assume that a straight from another Honda light would be better.

I have seen the Baja designs kits, and they also look Mickey Mouse, like they stole them off a 1981 3 wheeler.

I guess I will just order the above kit, I figured maybe someone else has done a light and wanted to ask first

The 03 is electric start (sadly no kick start) so I think I just need the light and the switch, especially according to the above Amazon ad. And the pictured light looks nice, and looks factory, I just would assume that a straight from another Honda light would be better.

I have seen the Baja designs kits, and they also look Mickey Mouse, like they stole them off a 1981 3 wheeler.

I guess I will just order the above kit, I figured maybe someone else has done a light and wanted to ask first

don't talk shit about baja designs.

don't talk shit about baja designs.
He has a point. They really need to do something about that headlight design. I had one on my WR for 4 years when I converted it to a dual sport. Bought their kit because I believe they make the best kit out there. But you have to be able to call it as you see it. The headlight design looks real outdated. I recently switched back to the stock headlight as BD now makes that possible. Good for them in comming around.

And let's get this straight everyone!!! You talk shit about MICKEY MOUSE and I will find you, I promise. :smirk:

Have a Disney Day :wave:

He has a point. They really need to do something about that headlight design. I had one on my WR for 4 years when I converted it to a dual sport. Bought their kit because I believe they make the best kit out there. But you have to be able to call it as you see it. The headlight design looks real outdated. I recently switched back to the stock headlight as BD now makes that possible. Good for them in comming around.

And let's get this straight everyone!!! You talk shit about MICKEY MOUSE and I will find you, I promise. :smirk:

Have a Disney Day :wave:

it depends on the year wr you had, the ugly baja designs light was way brighter. what would you rather have? a bitchin headlight that you can ride home safely on or some cute little ornament like most of the bikes come with?

If you have the cash you can have both :D
squadron_honda_head.jpg

it depends on the year wr you had, the ugly baja designs light was way brighter. what would you rather have? a bitchin headlight that you can ride home safely on or some cute little ornament like most of the bikes come with?

If you have the cash you can have both :D
squadron_honda_head.jpg
At least your willing to admit it was ugly :smirk:

So are you admitting your ugly? I didn't think so....
This is the company I used for my 2002 YZ250.
http://www.proracing.co.uk/xc_lighting_honda_crf230.htm
Sorry, ugly headlight as well. I'm sure it would look good on you though. Anything to cover up that gaping hole right under that monstrous nose of yours that spews out those vile, contemptuous sounds you try to pass of as words.:peep::run:

Other than that I think it is a great set-up:thumb:

Hey John, as you can see, we are one big happy family around here. Probably all related too, my pappy was a handsome man who "gots around" if yous knows whats I means:smirk:
Pappy.jpg

Sorry, ugly headlight as well. I'm sure it would look good on you though. Anything to cover up that gaping hole right under that monstrous nose of yours that spews out those vile, contemptuous sounds you try to pass of as words.:peep::run:

Other than that I think it is a great set-up:thumb:

Hey John, as you can see, we are one big happy family around here. Probably all related too, my pappy was a handsome man who "gots around" if yous knows whats I means:smirk:
View attachment 19355

Fuckin hill billy, you invented the tooth brush, after all, you only have one. Thats why we all brush our TEETH and you brush "a" tooth. :moon:

John, when Turd Sniffer says he wants to "host" a ride, don't take him up on it!! HOST means something very different to him. :smirk:

Not to worry since you are over in Marry Land. :wow:

Merry Christmas Ken!! :wave: Give Shawna a tongue kiss for me since I'm not coming over tonight.. :kissass:

lol at all the above banter guys!

Thanks for the input, I went with the light I posted above. I have not really had a chance to ride yet with all of this snow.... hopefully soon.

Now I need to find some quick/quarter turn throttle options. Motion Pro seems to be about the only option for our bikes though