Other Crf100F oil change

OK I went to walmart and picked up some10w40 oil which is what the bike is recommend us, adjust realized that Honda says to use SJ api but the oil I picked up is SN API. So would it be OK for me to use the oil I picked up (Castrol 10w40 SN) or do I need the IMG_20150110_110103.jpg IMG_20150109_115553.png SJ

The sj designation is older than the sn. Watch for any oils clawing to be energy conserving. Some if those seem to cause slipping.

So far none of the 15-40 or 10-40 oils are carrying the EC designation.

The sj designation is older than the sn. Watch for any oils clawing to be energy conserving. Some if those seem to cause slipping.

So far none of the 15-40 or 10-40 oils are carrying the EC designation.

I agree....I believe it's mostly with the 5-30 5-20 and 0-20 oils that are in that category.

It is hard to find an oil that doesnt claim to be foam resistant. I think that one of my favorite moto monthly "urban legends" (ok, gross inaccuracy or just plain lie if you will) was the one about how ATF has no anti corrosive/rust additives.

It is hard to find an oil that doesnt claim to be foam resistant. I think that one of my favorite moto monthly "urban legends" (ok, gross inaccuracy or just plain lie if you will) was the one about how ATF has no anti corrosive/rust additives.

WOW! that's a good one! :thumb: