2 Stroke Cr80 shifter won't stay running

Hello long time listener, first time caller. So I picked up a little cr80 shifter kart. It was in pieces so I put it together while having to pick up a few parts of course. All in all it was close to complete. So once together I go to start it and it took a few minutes but it started and when it did it revved up to I'm sure 3/4 throttle( what ever that rpm would be ). Not having a kill switch hooked up I assumed choking the carb with my hand would have killed it but it didn't. So I then pulled the plug wire and obviously that did it. I'm sure you can imagine I got lit up also. From that point trying to start it has been on hot and miss. I will kick and kick and eventually it will start and run for a few sec then die. So I bought a new pump,no change. Eliminated the filter no change. Bought a new carb ,no change. But it seems through out the starts as I kick and kick the spark will be weak if at all then maybe either it's the harder or more I kick it it gets a little stronger,then I will get a small back fire out of the exhaust and a couple more kicks and it will start. It stays running for a min then falls on it's face like it runs out of fuel. I have feathered it up to higher rpms but essentially it just does. I'm fairly certain it isn't fuel. So after reading a few threads I did a compression test and I got roughly 90psi. It's this my cause ?

Look for an air leak between carb and engine . Find a stock air filter to see if it needs a little restriction to improve fuel flow ... check crank seals .

There actually was a leak between carb and motor at the manifold. Two bolts were loose but that didn't help. I will try the sir cleaner and see if that works. Is 90psi compression to low? Or will it stay running with that low of compression still?