Other CR 500

Honda 500 2 Stroke
Or any 500 2 stroke for that matter.

It looks like my buddy and I are being given a cr500 as a project bike. I know those 500's are mean as hell, and probably fairly dangerous... I mean the one we are getting someone died on:shocked:. My question is why are they going for so much on craigslist for example? Even with their age they seem to bring a profit. I'm assuming they're pretty rare but can anyone tell me more info about the 500 and their value?

- Chandler

1,500 up. Depends on shape and what it is. When they first came out they were mean bikes (widow maker), as they progressed they became a little tamer. Still badd ass machines. Service Honda started puting the motor in the aluminum frame, then guys started doing it and a cradle kit for the CR-CRF aluminum frame was made by a couple individuals. The service Honda CR500Aluminums are the ones going for 3,500 up. Anything else is buyer be ware.
So, what year are you guys getting?

1,500 up. Depends on shape and what it is. When they first came out they were mean bikes (widow maker), as they progressed they became a little tamer. Still badd ass machines. Service Honda started puting the motor in the aluminum frame, then guys started doing it and a cradle kit for the CR-CRF aluminum frame was made by a couple individuals. The service Honda CR500Aluminums are the ones going for 3,500 up. Anything else is buyer be ware.
So, what year are you guys getting?
Where is the insane one? :smirk:

I'm not sure yet. All I now so far is that my buddies girlfriend's father died on it back in 04 and now they want to get rid of it. Ill keep the thread updated as I know more and get it in the garage. Hopefully it soon! So if its in the Aluminum frame (made by Honda) its even more valuable? Is there a tell tale sign that ill know it was not factory made?