Pro Cole Seely Gets Honda Factory Deal

Supercrosser/motocrosser Cole Seely has inked a multi-year contact with American Honda that will see the Californian riding in the AMA Supercross and AMA Pro Motocross Championships aboard a CRF450R alongside Trey Canard in 2015, replacing Justin Barcia who will be on the JGRMX team in 2015.

Seely finished second in the 2014 250 West Supercross Series on a Troy Lee Designs-backed Honda and also filled in on the Team Muscle Milk Honda team in the premier 450 class this season. Seely finished eighth in the 2014 250 Pro Motocross Championship that just concluded on Sunday in Utah.

“I’m really excited to be with the Honda team,” the 24-year-old Seely said in a team release. “We’ve worked together in the past, and we have great chemistry together. It’s my dream team, and it’s nice to officially be a part of it now. I really like the CRF450R too, ever since they introduced the new chassis. The geometry is great, and I think I fit it well. I know what I’m getting into, and I think it’s going to come down to preparation during the pre-season and getting the bike dialed in right for when Anaheim 1 comes around. Fortunately, I have a great group of guys to help with that.”

Honda is also happy to have Seely in the factory team.

“We’re excited to welcome Cole into Honda’s factory team,” said Ray Conway, Director of Racing at American Honda. “While racing a CRF250R with Troy Lee Designs Honda, he has shown that he is a talented rider, and he performed well at the top level while willingly stepping in to help out our factory team this year. He has a solid base and it’s great that he’ll be staying with Honda as he makes this next important step in his career.”

He is also scoring KDub's #14 next year. Seely hit KDub up and he said no problem...Hope Seely mixes it up in the big class next season.

Seely will be an improvement over Barcia. They are probably pretty equal talent wise, Cole has a championship temperament though, Bam Bam is too close to the edge to consistently win. It will make next year very interesting.