250F Clutch not disengaging on new bike

I bought a brand new Honda 250 and it only has 4 hours on it but it just stared having a problem with the clutch not disengaging fully. Will not roll in gear with clutch pulled and will not start in gear without lurching forward. Please help

SRAD97750

Staff member
Howdy, sorry to hear of your troubles!
If it is cable operated, it needs adjustment at the cable perch on the handlebars. Most likely needs to be tightened.
If it is a fluid clutch, it may need to be bled to get full travel.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Howdy, sorry to hear of your troubles!
If it is cable operated, it needs adjustment at the cable perch on the handlebars. Most likely needs to be tightened.
If it is a fluid clutch, it may need to be bled to get full travel.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
The clutch cable had a lot of play at the lever so I adjusted it but no change to the problem

The clutch should have some play at the lever, and there will be an additional in line adjustment in the cable. Also, check your fluid level. What type of 250 is it? I’m not sure about the new CRF-R, but the older models had separate trans fluid. Could be a goober at dealership forgot to put oil in it. I have personally seen that happen (among other professional mech blunders) ...one time at the track a guy was having trouble with his RM 250 that he had just gotten the motor rebuilt and couldn’t get it to run properly. We pulled the seat, and the air filter had no oil on it. We took the filter off to oil it up and INSIDE the air filter was a set of piston rings in a bag for an entirely different bike! TRUE STORY