Clean/Service Carb

Hi All,

I have ran a search to try find any existing content on this in the forum but didn't find anything comprehensive.

I am trying to find a step by step guide of sorts, as comprehensive as possible that guides me through stripping and cleaning/servicing the carb of my project bike I'm working on. I haven't opened up a carb before, any guidance here would be massively appreciated.

Just take it apart and remove what’s removable and clean it like the queens jewels. Helps to have a magnifying or eyeglass loop. It will go back together easily, and then making it work can get tricky and take patience but let us know when you get to that point. By the time you’re done you will be able to pull the carb in like 4 minutes :smirk:
There’s no gremlins or Pandora’s in there don’t worry it’s basically an upside down toilet with gas in it. Manual will tell you what small bits to look for. Mikuni? Kehin?

Just take it apart and remove what’s removable and clean it like the queens jewels. Helps to have a magnifying or eyeglass loop. It will go back together easily, and then making it work can get tricky and take patience but let us know when you get to that point. By the time you’re done you will be able to pull the carb in like 4 minutes :smirk:
There’s no gremlins or Pandora’s in there don’t worry it’s basically an upside down toilet with gas in it. Manual will tell you what small bits to look for. Mikuni? Kehin?
Really appreciate the response thanks man. I’ll get to stripping it today and let you know how I get on. Upside down toilet haha It’s a Kehin carb, pic below for reference

Attachments

• CAED2839-7D71-4BEF-A78B-98537B2119D2.jpeg
    CAED2839-7D71-4BEF-A78B-98537B2119D2.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 5
You shouldn’t have to mess with the needle or slide. That is more of a task for tuning which we aren’t sure it needs just now. Concentrate on the float bowl and jets. Jets that come out will be slotted or hex. Good to have a thin gauge wire .010 I use a guitar string. Spray cleaner doesn’t always cut the crust in the jets and needs a poker.
motosport.com and others have exploded views of your carb for reference