Cheap eBay footpegs?

Anybody try them? Are they as good as oem? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434079805.089608.jpg
I'm looking into these for $15. They are steel. I just don't want to land and break them.

I guess I would be asking myself what was to gain in a change to begin with. I have been modifying my own pegs for a pretty long time. (we used to strip the cleats out the harvesters that was on the conveyors and trim the teeth, bend into a "U" and weld them on the stockers.) we literally built floor boards. Wider seemed better and wide was about 3/4" inch in the early 70's. The side gain to wider pegs was that you can improve your balance by placing the ball of one foot on the leading edge, and the ball of the other foot on the trailing edge. In other words, and like any of you that learned what was termed an "Athletic position" is easier achieved, your balance improves and your forearms in particular don't have to work as hard. If you have that in mind go buy what is widest to start with would be my advice and if it isn't the 15 dollar pegs then pass them up.

I guess I rode with the junk they sent back in what some people want to call "the day" that those pegs wouldn't scare me. If they scare you, DON'T use them. (Don't use anything else that scares you just because it is there, or takes your mind and confidence away either.)

I got screwed on my eBay radiators.... Beware!! Terrible fitment (hours of modifications) and third ride I crashed on a hill and bent the shit outta the left one. Never again. But those are rads not foot pegs. I guess as long as they don't break off on a lander you'll be ok....

Compare pictures from newer bikes, .... I swapped my 94ish RM250 stock pegs for like 08 RMZ pegs i got off ebay. .. Much better than the stock 94ish pegs. I just compare pictures...And the pins... Everything was perfect. I think i had to bore a hole in the pin, or something.

Stick with stock oem or pay a bit more for good known tried and testedbranded pegs :thumb:
Most modern cheap metal is cheap cos it's crap recycled rust we all sold to China over the last couple of decades :doh:

Cmsnl.com will possibly list peg pin spec usually with pics on their microfiche for your year and model bike, take the part number from there for your pin and run a search for it on partzilla.com and they will tell you every model that uses that pin!
Easy way to broaden the search/choice for nos or Oem pegs or parts in general!