carb showdown....

I stumbled upon "power-up" carbs. The mikuni flat slide and the DG kehin off road carb. They both they the increase response and horsepower in the midrange. So which one is better, the mikuni is about $100 cheaper than the kehin. The mikini uses a flat slide and the the kehin uses an oval. So any idea on which is better? the are both pictured below.

03MikuniCarbFlat_120.png

Mikuni Flat slide

03KeihinPJCarb_450.gif

DG Keihin offroad carb.

whats wrong with the oem and is that money better spent somewhere else?
I'm not a big parts swapper because usually tuning the carb for a particular area will give the results you seek for less.

What bike would the carb be for?

Most people don't realize it, but a carb is a wear item. Ride long enough and the slide and bore wear to the point that it causes problems. My old XR600 had a clapped out carb. It had idle issues. I replaced it with another OEM carb and the bike ran a lot better.

its for the little crf150f, I just stumbled upon them and im always looking to increase performance. if they work, great, if not than i guess i wont waste my money.

I always clean my carbs at least twice a summer. The oem works fine, but if an aftermarket works better than im all ears.

I got it tuned to where it is working great, Im just always looking for someway to improve the bikes. I dont want to buy a cam because the bike is just too reliable to change anything in the engine. just wondering if they would work, im buying radiators and braces for my 450 now since my oems are hashed. little of subject there but oh well. I am going to try a jet kit for the little guy, or maybe this would be better, does anyone know where I can buy a kit will all the jets in it, kinda like the big bolt kits?