Fallen Caleb Moore

RIP Caleb.. We were talking about this in the shop yesterday. And this is no disrespect to Caleb or any of these guys, but it seems this is getting to far out of control.

This whole freestyle thing is going to cost a lot of young kids their lives and their mobility. I watched probably two runs of the freestyle competition and one run of the best trick. It just doesn't have the same draw as it used to, IMO. I think they are trying to hard. Life on the edge is fun but that edge is sharp and its hard to stay on that edge. The problem is when you come off the edge its usually a long way down.

Godspeed Caleb May you ride in peace.

RIP Caleb.. We were talking about this in the shop yesterday. And this is no disrespect to Caleb or any of these guys, but it seems this is getting to far out of control.

This whole freestyle thing is going to cost a lot of young kids their lives and their mobility. I watched probably two runs of the freestyle competition and one run of the best trick. It just doesn't have the same draw as it used to, IMO. I think they are trying to hard. Life on the edge is fun but that edge is sharp and its hard to stay on that edge. The problem is when you come off the edge its usually a long way down.

Agreed!

RIP Caleb

:USA:

:salute:

i respect your opinion but i have to disagree.

these guys (age dont mean shit to me when you are doing gnar) are doing what they love to do. they all know the risks with this sport and most of them do know their limits. that dont mean its not dangerous and something might happen. Its no different with what we do except statisticly what we do is worse. Its just not on TV and the media dont run with it causing everyone to stand around the water cooler talking about it. Way more of us die out in the dez then jumping off some ramp in a stadium yet is it getting out of control? just last year we lost someone from the motocross sport. i dont know all the stats but im sure he wasnt the first in this sport to die. Guess what... Caleb Moore was the first one to die in the x-games.

So i am sorry but saying that freestyle stuff is going too far is silly to me when you compare it to other sports or even recreational desert riding

This is the same thing I was saying just the other day. These things are a bit bigger and heavier than bikes and a lot less agile. Where will it end? I was not even aware they were doing this kind of stunt on these things. Sad thing for the family to go through.

Here is what I am saying. Back in the day there were no foam pits no soft landings nothing you just had to go for it. These kids are training with foam pits soft landings and all the other stuff. So they get a weird sense of confidence that they can do all this crazy stuff and then they take it to the snow a realize how it is in the real world. That's just my two cents.

powder has been around for a long time :lol:

lake jumps were around long before foam pits.

PS... foam pits have been around for 15+ years now

nothing but the tricks are getting gnarlyer... in fact guys use to go pretty big 10+ years ago as well. Only thing that is fairly new is all the backflip variations you see.

I don't watch. Haven't watched X games or Winter X for a while now.
If I ever see this stuff I automatically think of Jeremy Lusk. :cripple: I do not like to watch people take such life threatening chances doing anything. Freaks me out just watching top fuel cars and boats. :chicken:

This is the same thing I was saying just the other day. These things are a bit bigger and heavier than bikes and a lot less agile. Where will it end? I was not even aware they were doing this kind of stunt on these things. Sad thing for the family to go through.

I remember that day in chat... I was thinking about it when I saw the post.

RIP Caleb and God Speed.