Brown Mountain OHV pics from today

So back in January I started a new job.... but been working both jobs (7 days a week total and almost 80 hrs/week) since then up until the end of last week. So this was my first week with the new schedule, which is only 3 days a week (sat/sun/mon) and 4 days off every week. So I've been making good use of the new found time off this week, and today planned a day at Brown Mountain OHV with my friend Travis, who works the same sat/sun/mon schedule that I do just at a different place. He was happy to finally have somebody to ride with too, haha.

Anyways, started nice and early-ish and we met up and got some breakfast. The weather was absolutely perfect!

instaweather_20150514_110656_zpsoexdlvz5.jpg

Got up to Brown Mtn and it was absolutely empty. There were a couple of Gator type things up there but they were surveying one of the trails to bid on doing some repairs, so they were just on that one and it was closed off. Other than that there was one other guy there when we got there, and then another truck pulled in shortly after us with 2 bikes. The one guy wasn't out for long, so it was really just us 2 and the 2 other guys, one on a KTM and the other on a WR. Kinda funny as even though it was only 4 of us in the whole place, we kept running into them on various trails throughout the day when we'd stop for a few mins. Here we had tried a few new trails we hadn't been on yet, which was a bit more difficult trail. Had to get off and do a little exploring to find the best route up, lol

0514151258a_zpstz72txdl.jpg

0514151258b_zps2wbe9ur2.jpg

0514151259_zps9pbetz8s.jpg

Stopped for a little break at the "water hole"..... filled up my empty water bottles with some of that awesome cold clean mountain stream water

0514151335_zpsohd3zt7q.jpg

0514151404_zps5khexzod.jpg

The nice easy relaxing trails can be fun too

0514151450_zpsr2xpeamt.jpg

After doing some exploring and making a few loops (one of the other trails was closed too which kept us from getting to another one we were gonna do), it was getting later in the day so we decided to head back from here. Shortly after I took these, the KTM and WR guys joined us again and we all rode back down the mountain together on the main trail

0514151526_zps3owe0cxt.jpg

0514151526b_zpswdnlppbj.jpg

Even though my body hurts..... pretty much everywhere, lol..... still had a GREAT time! Definitely need to get in shape though.... some of those new trails we went on definitely gave me a workout, haha. Looks like we're probably gonna make this an every week thing now since we've both got 4 days off every week. Can't argue with that!

On a side note.... still LOVING the KDX! Definitely a great bike. We switched bikes today for a little while and I rode the 426.... he loved the KDX too

Nice pics.....one bike I wouldn't mind having someday is that KDX.

Yea for trails it's a fantastic bike! Not crazy power like some of the 250 2 strokes, but still plenty to get you through just about anything and still have a great time..... it's still not slow by any means. Very very easy bike to ride..... I love it! Very reliable bike too, which is half the reason I bought it, lol. And this is coming from a hardcore Honda guy, haha