Bridgestone ED78 Desert Terrain Tire - Anyone Use It?

Time again for a back tire, the online store I usually order from won't have Maxxis untill the middle of June, but this tire got some good reviews.
How does it stack up to the IT Desert?

No, I don't want a 739, I like them, but the piggie can shred 1 in less than a month, I ain't that rich.

I've been running the Gritty rear for the last couple purchases. I actually think it lasted just about as long as my last Maxxis. As far as hooking up, I'm not a good enough rider to tell the difference, but this time I even went with the Gritty front(ED77) so we shall see how it holds up.

I had the IT Desert on my old 450. It lasted about 750 miles but I tend to get one more ride out of my rear tires.

I've been running the Gritty rear for the last couple purchases. I actually think it lasted just about as long as my last Maxxis. As far as hooking up, I'm not a good enough rider to tell the difference, but this time I even went with the Gritty front(ED77) so we shall see how it holds up.

The Gritty??
How is it width wise compared to the IT, about the same?
Thank's Timo, I am going to drink a beer in your honor.:thumb:

The Gritty??
How is it width wise compared to the IT, about the same?
Thank's Timo, I am going to drink a beer in your honor.:thumb:

It's got a little more side knobbies then the IT, but overall size is the same. My WR supposedly takes a 110 only, but I've been running the 120 since I replaced the stocker with no problems.

I'm running one also . I think it hooks up better than the Maxxis and lasts at least as long .
This tire was brand new for the Thanksgiving trip to Spangler and now has over 1500 mi. on it .I think I can squeeze a little bit more out of it .

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Been using the ED Grittys since my old WR200 and now on my KLX...Using ED12 front and ED15 rear...they're great fro the terrains here in Malaysia....dry , wet, muddy, sandy, soil, hard pack, rocky...grass, vegetated except snow.

I know it has nothing to do with this tire, but recently I drank the trials tire kool-aid. I liked it. It's like cheating. I'm sure it sucks in the mud, but I've not tested it much in that condition. Out in the desert it is like cheating. The downside is super steep sketchy downhills. Not near as much breaking action as a knobby. I have about 700 miles on the tire and I think it might last 2000 miles. I was a die hard Maxxis Desert IT guy before. Not any more.

Seems to be a popular tire, ordered it today, along with a 17" tire iron to make life a little easier. One more weekend project