Bought my first "real" mountain bike :)

this is the first bike I've ever owned that wasn't a cheap wal mart bike
she's a '11 Specialized Rock Hopper :)
special.jpg

Congrats. i am not a fan of Specalized myself but that is based off their bikes from over a decade ago so i cant really say what kind of quality they are now

:thumb: Sweet pedal scooter. I had a specialized years ago that was a good bike. It was my intro into the MTB world. Rode that bike 10 years. I then moved up to a Gary Fisher and now I have a Trek. I have just got back into riding again and go out once a week with a couple guys. We did a grinder lastnight of 15 miles mostly all single track uphill. Have fun with the new bike.

congragulations on the new bike! there is alot of difference in quality and performance between that bike and a wal mart bike. disk breaks are really good too. are yours hydrolic or cable? anyway, here is a pic of my Raleigh. btw, you got any good mtb trails around you?DSC00244.JPGDSC00243.JPG

congragulations on the new bike! there is alot of difference in quality and performance between that bike and a wal mart bike. disk breaks are really good too. are yours hydrolic or cable? anyway, here is a pic of my Raleigh. btw, you got any good mtb trails around you?View attachment 7704View attachment 7705
my brakes are cable.
I've got some fantastic trails here but I'm not quite ready for them yet, look up the high desert trail system :ride:

I've got some fantastic trails here but I'm not quite ready for them yet, look up the high desert trail system :ride:
You will keep telling yourself that. You just need to go out and start riding them. Go as far as you can and come back. Even on the uphills, if you cannot ride them, walk them, you will still get a good workout and when you keep going back out, you will see your improvements when you start pedaling past the place you use to stop and walk.

You will keep telling yourself that. You just need to go out and start riding them. Go as far as you can and come back. Even on the uphills, if you cannot ride them, walk them, you will still get a good workout and when you keep going back out, you will see your improvements when you start pedaling past the place you use to stop and drop.
Fixificated for CDA. No charge, you're welcome. :thumb:

I want to get into trail riding, seems like a good work out. Only mountain bike I have is my brothers and he's a bit taller then me at 6 foot :lol: