250F Blown 2011 KX250f

At first I thought that you said "Probably better to just junk it." That at least got me to look at the thread. To paraphrase the rod blew up, punched a hole in the cas,. and Kawasaki will only cover the rod/cases. The piston and cylinder are not being covered. The crank is on back order. There is some speculation that the backorder is due to the Tsunami. It's that, or perhaps the cranks are in demand due to this issue. Got to be a flaw in the rod and or bearing.

253984_2063907526416_1506580641_32292304_6224529_n.jpg

I'm surprised they warranteed any of it. Its a MX bike and only get a tail light warranty. I'm glad they did cough up some bucks tho.

James

Staff member
I'm surprised they warranteed any of it. Its a MX bike and only get a tail light warranty. I'm glad they did cough up some bucks tho.
What he said, at least they're paying for some of it, instead of saying :finger:.

What he said, at least they're paying for some of it, instead of saying :finger:.

Even though MX bikes don't come under warrantee, thanks to the good nature of most riders and MX manufactures, if they realize its a total fult on there part then they are usually willing to help correct it hoping it gains back their good reputation. With 5 main bike comapnies and endless smaller bike companies they don't really have much room for loss of customers. They just don't hand out warrantees because they don't want the avrage joe buying a all new 250 2 smoke and comming back to them in 2 years complaining it blew its piston and they want money when it clearly states in the service manual "REPLACE EVERY ****". It also follows the concept that if they offer more and don't deliver people will be more enraged than if they off less and give more. Correct?