All Blizzard of 2011

took me 3 hours to shovel out my parents car and my dads work van! what a crock-o-crap
:foul::foul:
Before- this pic was taken after I had already worked for over an hour clearing a foot and a half pile the snow plow guy left when he "cleared" the road
Photo0046.jpg

After
Photo0047.jpg

Want to trade with these guys? It hit yesterday..

download-jpeg.10309

Shit the bed! I took a corner tonight and wheels didn't turn the way I pointed them! I ended up in a ditch!
I used my army issue shovel and dug myself out! Took the traction control off so I could spin some wheels. I rocked her back and forth, and got it out! :thumb: Took me about an hour, but I made it home! Going home was just as big a trip! Phhhft! There were cars everywhere off the road! It was snowing so hard, it made your forward vision look like Picard just said "Engage" into warp drive! :smirk: It was crazy! It took me 2.5 hrs to go 1.0 hrs drive!

You know there is always someone that thinks they can drive fast thru this shit! A Dodge Charger kept flipping his high beams on me, and I'm doing 50 mph in a blizzard, so he passes me in the unplowed lane. It wasn't 60 seconds later that I passed him and his car was at a 45 degree angle pointed down in a ditch!

I know to drive in snow, the fewer inputs to steering, the better! It has been tough out here in the midwest!

It's cold and snowy as F out here! 8 f tonight! We got rain a day ago, and that froze on top of all the new snow, then more snow! So it's lake a layer cake. You walk thru 6" of snow, then break thru the ice layer into more snow! It blows!

The only thing good about this blizzard is that I will be in NY skiing my ass off the next two weekends!:ride: Is it me or do others think that skiing and riding are remarkably similar? :noidea:

CDA, in the chat, you'd said that your truck could get through anything, how about this before it was plowed? :smirk: Oh and yes it's called "plowed", not "scraped". :P

(The one spot came up to my truck window)
View attachment 1175
No Problem, my truck would "plow" through that. And yes i understand the the whole "plow" thing, but when there is only a .25" of snow on the ground in the parking lot and they are using dozers to clear it, that is called "scrapping" because that is all they are doing.."prof: My little Kia had no problem derbing through it.

James

Staff member
Want to trade with these guys? It hit yesterday..

download-jpeg.10309
:thinking: Would it get rid of this snow? :smirk:
No Problem, my truck would "plow" through that. And yes i understand the the whole "plow" thing, but when there is only a .25" of snow on the ground in the parking lot and they are using dozers to clear it, that is called "scrapping" because that is all they are doing.."prof: My little Kia had no problem derbing through it.
:lol:
View attachment 1183

Snows not too bad here. At least I have a place to park my highly collectable vintage sled....:smirk:
:lol::cry::lol:

They do that here where I live too. It is a lot easier to drive thru a foot of snow than it is ice skating down a hill after it has been plowed...:devil: