Other Bike won’t run. HELP!

Ive had lots of trouble with this thing.
I have a 1980 Honda xr200, cleaned the carbs had the pilot jet clogged for sure. Couldn’t get it running after, so I put gas in the float bowl. Replaced the already new spark plug with a newer one just too see and I got it started.
But, it will only run half choked, will not run fully choked. ALSO, have to keep on the throttle a little sometimes when half choked to keep it running. The idle adjust screw or whatever on the side is all the way in. What else could there be. I was thinking of draining the tank and make sure the valve for the gas is not clogged up for whatever reason. I’m new to this it’s my first bike I’ve had for a while but never did much work on it. And I’ve never had it running really good. Please help!
My wife is getting mad I keep working on it id like it to just run good
Any help is appreciated

I have a 1980 Honda xr200, cleaned the carbs had the pilot jet clogged for sure. Couldn’t get it running after, so I put gas in the float bowl. Replaced the already new spark plug with a newer one just too see and I got it started.
But, it will only run half choked, will not run fully choked. ALSO, have to keep on the throttle a little sometimes when half choked to keep it running. The idle adjust screw or whatever on the side is all the way in. What else could there be. I was thinking of draining the tank and make sure the valve for the gas is not clogged up for whatever reason. I’m new to this it’s my first bike I’ve had for a while but never did much work on it. And I’ve never had it running really good. Please help!
Any help is appreciated

You need to clean the carb really really well.
Rule of thumb here is: clean it twice so it’s nice, then clean it one more time for good luck and set the floats.

Clean it twice, then clean it two more times to get the stuff you missed the first two times.
I like using guitar strings on jets cause it’s tough to find .09” wire. Looks clean and being clean are different. Make sure to Get all circuits in the body

Any help is appreciated
Welcome to DBA Trevor :wave:
Cool old Honda you have there, got any pics?
Nagging wife :peep: :whip::whip: :whip: Sort that out ASAP