Beta and Motul Oil Join Forces

American Beta has reached a three-year agreement with Motul Oils as the official oil for all Beta motorcycles sold in the American market. Beginning in February all new Betas sold in the USA will include Motul oil in the bikes. The deal also includes support for the American Beta race team operations including Cody Webb, Max Gerston, and Justin Sode's bikes as well as all of the Mototrial team and the newly signed Purvines Racing bikes.
American Beta's Tim Pilg explains the agreement, "We are very excited to have Motul as a business partner. Their product's quality matches our bikes perfectly and will provide our customers with the best oil when they receive their new Beta. We are shipping all Betas with Motul oil so our dealers can fill the bikes with the right product from the start!
American Beta will be providing dealers with 7100 4T and Transoil Expert oil in their line of four stroke Off Road, Dual Sport, and Mototrial bikes. They will also ship their new two stroke RR range of bikes with a bottle of Motul 800 2T Factory Line premix.
"We are extremely pleased with this new partnership between American Beta" says President of Motul USA's Dave Wolman. "Motul and Beta are both top level brands in their respected fields, thus making the partnership a perfect fit"
Garrett Andrews, Marketing Coordinator for Motul USA continues, "The off-road segment is an area that we continue to grow in and couldn't be happier to partner with Beta in America. With Beta being a top contender in Endurocross and trials it was the right direction for us at Motul to take. We look forward to an exciting 2013 and beyond"

Tuesday's news again! See, 7 hits and no posts! This DBA sight should be shut down for repair!

Anyway, I am a sloe user of Spectra and will remain as such. I do have 2 4L botles of Motul that I run in my Honda's. Funny how out of the three big Euro bike Co. Beta sold just under KTM and way over Husqvarna. The little family owned company from Florence Itali is getting recognition.

Tuesday's news again! See, 7 hits and no posts! This DBA sight should be shut down for repair!

Anyway, I am a sloe user of Spectra and will remain as such. I do have 2 4L botles of Motul that I run in my Honda's. Funny how out of the three big Euro bike Co. Beta sold just under KTM and way over Husqvarna. The little family owned company from Florence Itali is getting recognition.
I agree, I'm trying to get more dirt bike info on this site instead of mostly banter and non riding related stuff, but no body is biting.

I agree with Beta getting the recognition. Now with a good off-road team here in the states, we should see more people looking at them. Just need to expand the dealer network a little more and it will start to give Kaboom a run....

I agree, I'm trying to get more dirt bike info on this site instead of mostly banter and non riding related stuff, but no body is biting.

I agree with Beta getting the recognition. Now with a good off-road team here in the states, we should see more people looking at them. Just need to expand the dealer network a little more and it will start to give Kaboom a run....

True on that!
From what I hear at Up-tite, Beta does not want to have a Dealer on every corner. They have over and above parts to supply the network and bikes they have out now, but add a Dealer (like Starbucks) on every corner, flood the market like Husqvarna did just about 5 years ago and you start having the parts availability problem. That accompanied by "idiots" (new employees) running the factory. I don't want to see that for Beta. Still Family owned and controlled. Go corporate and have to hire more outside help and you can see what appears to be a sabotage from inside. It is like going to the Husky Dealer that took Up-tites place. "Hi, I am here to look at the new Husky model, No! You would be better off with this KTM". They still don't like the brand, just took over the license.

What I want to know is "Do I get a discount on the oil?"

At least now they recommend an oil that you can actually buy in the US.

I would gladly ride a beta if I had a dealer near me or they sold parts for them on motosport/rockymountain
maybe in a couple years I'll own one, I rode one and it was by far the best handling 450 4 stroke I've ever ridden.

Beta is in the same place that KTM was 20 years ago. People are worried about parts. Which they have every right to be. NOBODY makes after market parts for them and NOBODY knows how to tune the SACHS shock. If they would ditch the SACHS and go WP or KYB that might help their cause.

We almost took the BETA brand but the parts was the deal breaker. Not very many stocked here in the states and then they are expensive on top of that. I had a customer call looking for a clutch pack for his BETA. You have to buy each disc individually and 15 bucks a piece. Now this was a year or so ago so hopefully they have that straightened out.

SORRY BUT WRONG!

Every part I have needed on my 12 Beta was at the dealer in 2 days.
Expensive....HELL YES!!!!
Talked directly to distributer!!!

SORRY BUT WRONG!

Every part I have needed on my 12 Beta was at the dealer in 2 days.
Expensive....HELL YES!!!!
Talked directly to distributer!!!

THats good. If they could get the part cost down then they would probably sell more. All of this is fixed with more bike sales. But what comes first? the chicken or the Egg.

I think the Beta is awesome I almost bought one but money was a huge factor and I got a better deal on the Husky then I could have on the Beta so that is why I have a Husky.

I like the looks of Beta. A very nice design coupled with modern technology.
As far as parts go... 20 yrs ago parts were hard to get anywhere. No internet, no Express mail No in stock... everything took 7 business days, or 3 weeks special order. OEM parts came from Japan and forget about KTM parts.. $$$ and hard to get and NO aftermarket stuff.
When beta begins to expand I'm sure the parts market will be easier for them... especially if they keep doing well in the offroad community. :thumb: excellent post CDA.