Best off-road tires

Im looking to get new tires for my bike during the winter. What is the best off-road tires? Right now I have a Dunlop on the back and that thing was a beast, lasted a whole summer of riding and had amazing traction. But Im trying new things, what are good tires that don't cost me the bike im trying to put them on?

i'm gonna be tossing on a 756 front and a trials rear on my 99 and seeing how that works... i've ran the Maxxis Desert IT's before during the 6 hours of Glen Helen and i've ran the MX51 rear before but to be honest i'm not to the level of telling the difference... the MX51's work really good in berms i know though.

If you watch RMATV they have sales on those dunlop 756's sometimes... Ive seen them at 27 bucks like 3 times now.... I bought one awhile back... Dont have to many miles on it.. Besides pushing it off my porch...:rolleyes: ... I've heard it doesnt last long.. But it hooks up pretty good.. From what i can tell...

I had michelins on my klx125 and didnt like them... It now has MX51's front and rear... Made the bike handle totally different in a good way!

I heard the MX51s are really good, but a buddy of mine put them on his 450x (or at least I did, im the only one who can change tires:smirk: ) and they were destroyed within the 8 hours we went riding. after that I tried the dunlop 65M, at least thats what it says on the side, and it lasted all summer. I might just do that again, but its such an expensive tire that im looking for something that cost less and still last long. I ride itermediate terrain, and some but not a lot of hard top. just to cross from place to place.

I heard the MX51s are really good, but a buddy of mine put them on his 450x (or at least I did, im the only one who can change tires:smirk: ) and they were destroyed within the 8 hours we went riding. after that I tried the dunlop 65M, at least thats what it says on the side, and it lasted all summer. I might just do that again, but its such an expensive tire that im looking for something that cost less and still last long. I ride itermediate terrain, and some but not a lot of hard top. just to cross from place to place.

If you want gnarly tires that last, but are not necessarily the best grip, get IRC ve35/33, or maxxis Dez it....

I need grip, a lot of it. We do some nasty stuff out here, and grip is always nice haha. But a tire that last long would be nice to, just so I have that grip for a long time. I bought a knobby knife last year and that helps, but tires still get bad.

I need grip, a lot of it. We do some nasty stuff out here, and grip is always nice haha. But a tire that last long would be nice to, just so I have that grip for a long time. I bought a knobby knife last year and that helps, but tires still get bad.

MT43 on the rear then!

I just slapped a Maxxis Desert IT on the back of the 450 and it pulls hard in all terrain in the desert. I was pretty impressed. A little spendy, but a nice tire.