Best GoPro Hero2 Setting and angle

Okay, What is the best gopro Hero2 setting for moto? I have been trying different modes and not sure what i think just yet. I got to post up today's video i used on 720 at 60fps.

What is the setting you find the best?

Also what angle? I like having it on top of my helmet, but not sure if it is better to see the top of the visor or pointed a bit up to just see in front of you with no bike in the frame..

Lets hear what your opinions are :)

Okay, What is the best gopro Hero2 setting for moto? I have been trying different modes and not sure what i think just yet. I got to post up today's video i used on 720 at 60fps.

What is the setting you find the best?

Also what angle? I like having it on top of my helmet, but not sure if it is better to see the top of the visor or pointed a bit up to just see in front of you with no bike in the frame..

Lets hear what your opinions are :)
i just film everything in 1080, then useally render it in 480 or 720 depending on how long i want it to take to upload. But all my raw video is in 1080

James

Staff member
I used to record in 720 60fps until recently when I switched to 1080. I find that 1080 in protune mode gives me the best footage to work with. I've done both on top of the helmet and also the chest view. Top of helmet view is the most popular however I personally prefer the chest view, providing that the angle is set right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQxeWCf-uy8

i think it was R4 i used the most when i was using my HD2

as for views... no one angle is the best. the best thing to do is get lots of angles through out the day. especially if you are going to a track.

the r3 setting 720 60fps chin mount i think gives the best results. i never watch a youtube video in 1080 it loads way to slow

James

Staff member
So i got adobe premiere pro and cant figure out what a good preset is for gopro videos. any idea?

I don't know either but when you find out let the rest of us dummies know. :smirk:
I've spent many hours on figuring that out, it's now a trade secret. :smirk:
the r3 setting 720 60fps chin mount i think gives the best results. i never watch a youtube video in 1080 it loads way to slow
In my testing I've found that 1080 provides better quality footage, even when scaled down to 720. Also just because it loads slow for you doesn't mean it does the same for others, if that's the primary reason for you not uploading it in 1080.