Battery life ?

Hey you computer know-it-alls, what's the deal with these batteries? If this I-Crap couldn't get any crappier, the battery seems to last about half as long as it did when I first got it? Are they replaceable? Do they have a shelf life? Thanks in advance for the replies. :thumb:

The typical type of lithium batteries have about a 3 or maybe 4 year life tops. That's even if you don't use them. Yes, just sitting on a shelf they degrade to about 50% capacity in three years. Less if hot. Expect 300 or so charge/discharge cycles before you really notice the lost capacity.

From what I understand batteries can be replaced on Apple products, but it's not easy. It's a big part of the Apple money making model. New battery? Ha, just get a new one.

Hey you computer know-it-alls, what's the deal with these batteries? If this I-Crap couldn't get any crappier, the battery seems to last about half as long as it did when I first got it? Are they replaceable? Do they have a shelf life? Thanks in advance for the replies. :thumb:
My Iphone would go dead on me way too soon so I looked into ways to improve battery life. I don't know what you have running all the time like email pushing, wi fi and bluetooth, along with all the other bullshit these phones have, but I turned a bunch of that stuff off and I can have my phone last a good 24 hours or more if all I am using is email, texting and phone. When you have all that other stuff running along with apps, games, siri and more, it is constantly looking for signals, locations, etc. which is a constant drain on the battery. I also lock it and turn the screen off when not in use.

My Iphone would go dead on me way too soon so I looked into ways to improve battery life. I don't know what you have running all the time like email pushing, wi fi and bluetooth, along with all the other bullshit these phones have, but I turned a bunch of that stuff off and I can have my phone last a good 24 hours or more if all I am using is email, texting and phone. When you have all that other stuff running along with apps, games, siri and more, it is constantly looking for signals, locations, etc. which is a constant drain on the battery. I also lock it and turn the screen off when not in use.
What she said /\/\/\