Are valve keepers, valve keepers?

Confusing title I know, but I need to know if all valve keepers are the same. I was instaling the freshly cleaned valves from my cousins crf250x, and on the very last one (of course) the tool slipped, the spring recoiled, and the valve keepers dissapeared. So now I need to buy new ones. So do I have to be machine specific or can I just buy a few and get this thing back together? Thanks.. :thumb:

If you are going to try to use some that are used from another bike... I would just go to motosports.com and crossreference the part numbers. If they dont match, i wouldnt trust it.

If they fail, your facked. I would just wait. Its not like trying to make a clutch cabel from bike to another work. If the valve keepers fail its game over.:prof:

if you are going to try to use some that are used from another bike... I would just go to motosports.com and crossreference the part numbers. If they dont match, i wouldnt trust it.

If they fail, your facked. I would just wait. Its not like trying to make a clutch cabel from bike to another work. If the valve keepers fail its game over.:prof:

yeah ditto!

I found one of them, sitting on the other side of the work bench, if I look around I might find the other. If not ill buy a few extra just in case, thanks guys.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Glad you found them.
I do most of my work outside. When those retainers fly off, it's a good bet they are gone.:foul: