Anyone race or spectate the San Felipe 250?

Watched some video of it last night and have been wanting to get down to Baja to ride/race, how is it? How much would riding a race like this cost as far as sign ups, etc. How is getting past the boarder with a bike/enclosed trailer? Never been to mexico...lol

I never raced there but Have rode down there a few years ago. I loved it riding town to town gas station to gas station. I would not go down there now intill things calm down a bit more but that's just me. Overall best riding I have ever did. Nothing can compare. The racing is gnarly. On race gives you story's for a life Time.

Rent the movie dust to glory. Beat movie about the racing down there

yeah Dust to Glory makes me wanna go race every time! I've got a long standing bet with a quad buddy of mine for iron maning the 1,000 to see who would make it the furthest...lol

Haha f yeah. I wanna race it too but in a truck. I help out with a trophy truck team and it's bad a$$
nice! i would give anything to race it in a truck... My buddy and i were talking about doing class 11 (stock vw) just for kicks...lol

Check with CDA... he's doen several Baja races.
Thanks Rez for calling me out..:stick:
I have raced the 500 and 1000 but years ago. Not sure on the pricing, but you will need pit/chase support to do a race like this. You will also need to take time off to go down and pre-run your sections which is highly recommended. You will need a minimum of a week to do that. Taking your bike and enclosed over the boarder is no big deal. I would stop just before going over the border and get mexico insurance on your car and trailer for piece of mind. Racing in mexico takes a lot of support and I would not just show up and race. Back when I did it, I was linked up with Team Green and they supplied my pit support/parts and my dad was my chase driver. He would be at the pits that I need to switch off the bike and get me to the next bike swap.

Bike prep is another thing that you have to do, you cannot just throw your bike in the truck and head down there, you need to make a few safety additions (not sure what they are now) and make sure your bike is sound and going to make it. I would plan on bring a handful of filter changes and Filter Skins.

Thanks Rez for calling me out..:stick:
I have raced the 500 and 1000 but years ago. Not sure on the pricing, but you will need pit/chase support to do a race like this. You will also need to take time off to go down and pre-run your sections which is highly recommended. You will need a minimum of a week to do that. Taking your bike and enclosed over the boarder is no big deal. I would stop just before going over the border and get mexico insurance on your car and trailer for piece of mind. Racing in mexico takes a lot of support and I would not just show up and race. Back when I did it, I was linked up with Team Green and they supplied my pit support/parts and my dad was my chase driver. He would be at the pits that I need to switch off the bike and get me to the next bike swap.

is another thing that you have to do, you cannot just throw your bike in the truck and head down there, you need to make a few safety additions (not sure what they are now) and make sure your bike is sound and going to make it. I would plan on bring a handful of filter changes and Filter Skins.

:smirk: .... you're welcome!

Mexican Insurance is a requirement I belive for visitors at least a high recommendation... In Mexico you are guilty until proven innocent and if you're a US citizen, I doubt things wil go your way... :prof:

I've never raced doqwn there however, just watching it on TV tells me you NEED to be prepared. Once you think you are, check it again. tape this, wire that, mount this, remove that... :shocked:

i saw it's about $850 for sign ups so i think we're just gonna go riding...lol. I wonder how much trouble we'd get into for hopping on the track :devil:

i saw it's about $850 for sign ups so i think we're just gonna go riding...lol. I wonder how much trouble we'd get into for hopping on the track :devil:
Probably nothing since 50% of the course is normally traveled by the locals during the race anyways.

won't get in trouble at all. Its a live course, meaning anyone can ride on it. you would be racing on open highways with people driving to work etc why your racing around them. haha

Hey, the locals do it all the time..... but usualy going the wrong way! :eek: something to think about AND watch out for.... :shocked:.... :prof: