South Any Nice Places To Ride Near San Diego?

I have some stuff I'm going to be doing at Camp Pendleton this Sunday and was thinking of taking my bike out there to see if there are any nice trails to ride? Does anybody know of anything good out there? Thanks.

if you wanted to travel a hour or so inland from camp P i could show you some fun stuff.

i dont know of any beach area riding tho. especially that stretch ... its all military there.

id take you out to pine valley and corral canyon. its been hot lately and i dont have sunday free :(

if you wanted to travel a hour or so inland from camp P i could show you some fun stuff.

i dont know of any beach area riding tho. especially that stretch ... its all military there.

id take you out to pine valley and corral canyon. its been hot lately and i dont have sunday free :(

How technical is pine valley or corral canyon? My brother in law would like to come and he is really new at riding. Both my brother and myself don't mind some of hard stuff though. :thinking: If we do go riding, it would have to be on Saturday since our tournament is being held on Sunday from 7am-4pm.

its not that technical at all. ive seen some pretty noob riders out there.

if we staged at pine valley its about 10 mile of fireroad till you get to kernen which is a single track that switchbacks down a mt. its not too crazy but a little more advanced... its shale in spots. then that leads to Corral Canyon. CC is all about where you go.. its got fireroads single track and some knarly rocky stuff... all avoidable stuff.

all in all i would say the area is very noob friendly. The biggest issue is line of sight. lot of blind corners. i really dont like going there on the weekends.