Any golfers in here?

Hey guys, i used to play in HS but been out of it for a while. Went to the course Sunday and ended up losing 5 balls in the river first hole :banghead: I've got a mean slice so i've been lining up at like a 45* angle with the hole to compensate but if i accidentally top it then it shoots off to the left. I've been watching a bunch of YouTube vids and i'm going to give the range a go tomorrow with my driver. My short game is awesome.. 7, 9 and sand wedge i can get it within feet from the whole i just can't get off the tee box! The best i did was the chance to put for double bogey on a par 4 but i hit it to soft and took a triple... definitely need to get more time on the range/putting green!

Hey guys, i used to play in HS but been out of it for a while. Went to the course Sunday and ended up losing 5 balls in the river first hole :banghead: I've got a mean slice so i've been lining up at like a 45* angle with the hole to compensate but if i accidentally top it then it shoots off to the left. I've been watching a bunch of YouTube vids and i'm going to give the range a go tomorrow with my driver. My short game is awesome.. 7, 9 and sand wedge i can get it within feet from the whole i just can't get off the tee box! The best i did was the chance to put for double bogey on a par 4 but i hit it to soft and took a triple... definitely need to get more time on the range/putting green!

NO...I prefer a game where the ball comes back to me no matter how bad the shot was :smirk: ... AND where the bar maid serves you :cheers: AND you don't have to hide your beverage from the course marshalls :devil:.....:busted:

Golfed a couple times with my son who is somewhat good at it, I suck. This game takes way too much time and patience for me. Maybe when I am old and can't do anything fun anymore I will give it another try. :thinking:

Golfed a couple times with my son who is somewhat good at it, I suck. This game takes way too much time and patience for me. Maybe when I am old and can't do anything fun anymore I will give it another try. :thinking:

Actually I'd play whenever my dad wanted to...he loved the game just didn't get to play much. So we played every chance we had...usually a par 3 course since he couldn't hit it that far when he got older. :thumb:

saw this real old guy the other day and it looked like he was putting all his weight on the driver, really slunched over and looked like if he moved the club he'd face plant... put it on the green off the tee on a par 4 :shocked: :hail: Have no clue how he did it!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Range, Range, Range.
To be any good at golf, consistency of course, you must practice your swing regularily.
Your swing doesn't change, only the club changes. Muscle memory is what makes a good golfer.

It's like a dirtbike. The engine is consistent, the gears change your speed. -BIG DAN:prof:

Range, Range, Range.
To be any good at golf, consistency of course, you must practice your swing regularily.
Your swing doesn't change, only the club changes. Muscle memory is what makes a good golfer.

It's like a dirtbike. The engine is consistent, the gears change your speed. -BIG DAN:prof:

yup... didn't make it out to the range today as planned but i'm going to make it a point to go tomorrow, watch some more youtube lessons tonight too so i'm not just practicing the wrong form.

well i went out to the driving range last week and thought i'd share pics of my driver, there was a guy coaching another guy right by me so i kept listening in on them and started hitting pretty decent but still slicing like crazy (you can see the lines on the bottom of my driver). The coach looked at my driver and said "you get a little mad?" and i looked at it and there was 2 perfect ball sized dents on the bottom of it :picard: they weren't there before that day and i couldn't tell you which times i hit the ball that caused it...lol

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg