Any aquarium fish advocates on here?

Yeah so I've never heard anyone on here say their a big aquarium kinda guy or gal, but I am and I'm having trouble with mine and I really don't have anywhere else to publicly ask people, so here goes nothing.
Alright so I've been raising Chiclids my whole life, so I feel silly asking this but I currently have a 10gal tank(3 juvenile chiclids, and a 3inch plecostomus, I know a little crowded but I'm waiting on a larger tank to be moved into my new house), with a filter that circulates the water 100GPH, but I've been having a problem with my water turning green about 3days after a water change and I mean GREEN, like even turning on my light doesn't allow me to see in there to well. Need you this happens even when there is a brand new filter cartridge in there and everything. I don't know what I can do to keep this under control until I get my larger tank.
Any suggestions would be great.

Don't know why it'd be getting so green so fast with just those fish in it but if your going up to a larger tank i'd suggest getting another plecostomus or another cleaner fish now to help the other one out.

You need to

A) don't turn on the lights
B) feed them a tiny bit every few days. (2-3 days)
C) change the water 1 time, then let it go for the entire week.
D) Don't change your filters. Instead, buy an aquaclear sponge, and cut it to fit your filter. Then, just simply squeeze it out in a bucket of tankwater every so often, but never replace it.

Try this for a week and report back.

This might help you. They would know more than we would lol.:thumb: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/
Lol I don't wanna sign up to another forum, they were gonna be my last resort if no one here could give me an answer lol.

You need to

A) don't turn on the lights
B) feed them a tiny bit every few days. (2-3 days)
C) change the water 1 time, then let it go for the entire week.
D) Don't change your filters. Instead, buy an aquaclear sponge, and cut it to fit your filter. Then, just simply squeeze it out in a bucket of tankwater every so often, but never replace it.

Try this for a week and report back.
Okay so, since I just changed my water today should I just start now? And I don't want to buy anything new for the tank since I'm gonna be selling it soon lol, I'll try everything else though.

Lol I don't wanna sign up to another forum, they were gonna be my last resort if no one here could give me an answer lol.

Okay so, since I just changed my water today should I just start now? And I don't want to buy anything new for the tank since I'm gonna be selling it soon lol, I'll try everything else though.
Just dont change the filter. Changing the filter wipes out the beneficial bacteria that keep the nitrogen cycle going. If it gets clogged, rinse it out in water that came out of the tank, or other declorinated water.

thats when i started having issues... we had a cheap 0 pump and filter that broke so i got a new one... it wont stay clear anymore :(... i even replaced about 75% of the water with new water as well... green came right back.

That 125g had 3 canister filters. They each held like a gallon of media that I NEVER replaced. Once my system was established, I did 50% water changes weekly.

thats when i started having issues... we had a cheap 0 pump and filter that broke so i got a new one... it wont stay clear anymore :(... i even replaced about 75% of the water with new water as well... green came right back.
You are experiencing an algae bloom. Replacing the water gives the algae fresh nutrients to live off.