Another newbie

Hi all!

After years and years of being a mx fan I finally got my own toy. As starting off is always difficult and expensive I decided to get me something that I can ride right away and dispose easily whenever I'm ready for it. Investing more budget in protective gear and necessities instead of a super bike. I bought a second hand Rieju Marathon 125 4 stroke. Here in Spain I can drive it on and off road with my car driver license. The bike only weighs 86kg empty and is extremely simplistic in design and tech making it easy to maintain. My driving goals are light enduro and basically messing around in the Spanish campo. I live in the hills with endless gravel/hard sand/rocky motor trails and river beds. The small engine is actually dealing quite well with this terrain despite my size and weight . As I only have approx 12hp available I seek the more technical paths, small bumps/jumps etc. The bike (and me) aren't up to heavy work anyway. I have a job as a pilot and wrecking myself means end of career. On this forum I hope to learn some more about driving and tech. I'll soon start to adjust the bike a bit to my size and to off-road use which I'll open a different topic for. Added a pic of my new metal stallion for those interested, my name is Ivar, 31 at the moment living in Malaga, Spain.

Eventually my brother's KTM 450 will be parked in my garage. Until then I get to practice and make the expensive (physical and financial) mistakes with this simple machine. I'll have to get a driver license for that one.
View attachment 31886
That's one slick ride! Looks great!, remember only use armor all on your plastics and not your seat.....:ride: