Pro Andrew Short is going to BTO Sports/KTM

James

Staff member
http://btosportsracing.com/andrew-short-joins-bto-sports-ktm/

BTO Sports is proud to announce that Andrew Short will join the BTO Sports – KTM race team for the remainder of the 2013 Monster Energy Supercross series and the full AMA Outdoor National series.

“I’m very excited to have Andrew Short on board and riding for our team” says BTO Sports owner Vince Arimitsu. “This brings the BTO Sports – KTM team to another level with two solid riders in the top ten”

Andrew Short will begin racing with the BTO Sports – KTM race team next week at the Atlanta Supercross.

Good For Shorty and BTO for stepping up. Too bad Honda did not try to make something happen as he was doing well on a stock production bike. Shorty is a great rider to have as he is always upbeat and a great PR for any team. Good Luck in the rest of the season Shorty!!!!

James

Staff member
Good For Shorty and BTO for stepping up. Too bad Honda did not try to make something happen as he was doing well on a stock production bike. Shorty is a great rider to have as he is always upbeat and a great PR for any team. Good Luck in the rest of the season Shorty!!!!
Yeah I found that very impressive. In an interview last weekend he said that he was still using the stock piston. :shocked:

Not that this affects honda but I heard the biggest challenge was the life time deal he signed with FLY Racing. He was going to ride the Factory suzuki under the RCH rig but they couldn't get around the gear sponsor. I think he was comfortable on the KTM but you also have to remember the bike that he is going to be riding is the bike that broke both his arms when he was testing before Dungey came on board. That has to be in the back of his head.

I really like Short. He would have been a great replacement for Kevin Windham but I guess Geico didn't see it that way. Short really liked the KTM but I thought he was on the 350. I know when he went to the 450 he was doing well but was cut to make room for Dungey.:noidea:

I really like Short. He would have been a great replacement for Kevin Windham but I guess Geico didn't see it that way. Short really liked the KTM but I thought he was on the 350. I know when he went to the 450 he was doing well but was cut to make room for Dungey.:noidea:
Short was on the 350 when he raced it. The Windham deal didn't happen as Windham is still using his bike in the open ceremonies at all the rounds. I guess Geico could have tried and looked at taking on his bike from Honda, but it probably was not in the budget.

Short was on the 350 when he raced it. The Windham deal didn't happen as Windham is still using his bike in the open ceremonies at all the rounds. I guess Geico could have tried and looked at taking on his bike from Honda, but it probably was not in the budget.

Didn't be run the outdoors on the 450?

Yeah I was thinking that he'd gone back to a 450. I can check the stats tomorrow.

Cool... get'er done...

I think he rode the 350 for SX because it was light and fast but not fast enough... great starts but lacked the umpf it needed to huck the big jumps straight out of the corners...(?)

Yeah I was thinking that he'd gone back to a 450. I can check the stats tomorrow.

I saw and interview where him and Alessi got the choice to ride the 350 or the 450. He said he could never get comfortable on the 450 so he chose the 350. Well it was 350 based but it had an Athena Big Bore kit on it so it was a 400 or something like that.

andrew-short-signs-with-bto-sports-ktm_63.jpg