Pro AMA National Hare & Hound Series

This is becoming a pattern..:thumb:

Desert racing is rarely close, but the Rabbitt Creek 100 Jody Schlapia Memorial hosted by Dirt Inc. on March 19 proved to be exceptional. Serving as round four of the AMA Racing/Kenda National Hare & Hound Championship Series, weather made the difference with plenty of rain on several days before the event keeping dust to a minimum and permitting the type of wheel-to-wheel racing usually witnessed only on prepped motocross tracks.
In the end, Kurt Caselli of the FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team proved he wanted it most and made the final pass of the race, thus taking his third-consecutive series victory and, with it, the points lead for the first time.
Caselli_2inside.jpg

"I got out front early, I think [David] Pearson was behind me, Destry [Abbott was behind him, [Jacob] Argubright was in fourth and we basically just swapped positions for the whole race, 100 miles of just back-and-forth, back-and-forth," Caselli exclaimed. "It was awesome!"
That held true for both the riders involved and those watching them. Unlike the usual dusty desert race with several minutes between competitors, the chilly, windy conditions and minimal dust allowed everyone a chance to ride wheel to wheel. In fact, each of the top four spent time in the lead at one time or another, their battle carrying them away from the rest of the field.
"It seemed like it was kind of like Tour de France - everybody was kind of pacing each other [and you] couldn't break away," Monster Energy Kawasaki's Abbott observed.
Naturally, as the miles wound down, the pace intensified, yet it was still anyone's race. But after the final alternate gas pit, Off-road Support/Kawasaki of Simi Valley's Jacob Argubright found himself in a position he'd never been in before: leading a National with Caselli and Abbott seconds behind and Purvines Racing Honda's Pearson trailing them by less than 10 seconds after a body slam when he discovered he'd lost his rear brake on a sharp downhill turn.
"Kurt pressured me and I got a little nervous and he passed me," Argubright admitted. "I couldn't hold [the lead]."
But Argubright's did hold on to a best-to-date runner-up finish, successfully holding off Abbott. Pearson came in for fourth while Concours Auto Body KX450F-mounted Robert Underwood continued his steady improvement this season to claim fifth.
Caselli's third-straight win vaulted him to the top of the points chart for the first time with 106 points, unofficially. Previous leader Pearson drops to second with 98 followed by Abbott's 88 and Argubright's 80. Purvines Racing Honda's Justin Morrow, sixth on the day, sits in fifth with 63 points, unofficially.

what a beautiful picture with all those high precision kitchen knifes in one shot :thumb:

Round 6: Norman Wins Lucerne National H&H

After missing three rounds of the AMA Racing/Kenda National Hare & Hound Championship Series with a knee injury, few people expected defending series champion Kendall Norman to be 100 percent when he returned to the series at round six, the Virgin Voyage hosted by the Vikings Motorcycle Club on April 23 at the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle Area outside of Lucerne Valley, California.
Kendall_Norman_inside.jpg

But the time off had apparently been enough to get the Johnny Campbell Racing Honda star back to his old self, and he ended up breaking Kurt Caselli's win streak, taking advantage of a crash late in the race by the FMF/KTM Factory Off-road Racing Team ace for his first victory since last year. Off-Road Support/Kawasaki of Simi Valley's Jacob Argubright also snuck by Caselli to claim second while the KTM rider held on for third, maintaining his series points lead.
"I knew that as long as I just rode my own race, [it'd be best to] just see how this race went and build upon it," Norman noted.
After a so-so start aboard his Lucas Oils/Affliction/Red Bull CRF450X, Norman worked his way into second behind only Caselli. "It was kind of this yo-yo thing [of reeling Caselli in then losing ground]," Norman said. "But he was riding really, really good. It was everything I could do to stay right there [with him].
"Out on the second loop, I started making a few mistakes and he started pulling a little bit."
But Norman regrouped, pulled Caselli back in range and was able to capitalize when Caselli went down and ended up in a cactus. "He had balls of cactus all over him!" Norman described. "Dude, it sucks for him; I know the feeling!"
Norman went on for the win. Caselli got going again, but wasn't able to maintain pace so Argubright also got past, and that's where they finished. Caselli still has a comfortable hold on the points lead over Purvines Racing Honda-mounted David Pearson, who was fourth on the day, 157-141, unofficially. Monster Energy Kawasaki's Destry Abbott, fifth for the day, holds third in points at 125 with Argubright closing their gap with 121.
Norman's teammate Colton Udall scored his best finish of the series at sixth followed by Pearson's teammate Justin Morrow. Zip-Ty Husqvarna's David Kamo claimed eighth--his second finish of the series--followed by Concours Auto Body Kawasaki's Robert Underwood and John Burr Cycles' Chris Morrow, who was first 250.

still cool Bryce.... I would really love to film an event sometime. I need to remember to actually do some filming when i go ride instead of just riding with a camera.

Great Vid Bryce. That brings back too many memories of my days when the bike was off the stand. Love to DBA plug at the end. Caselli is such a smooth rider.

Round #7: Caselli Captures Cherry Creek H&H Win

FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team's Kurt Caselli played a patient waiting game perfectly, taking advantage of a loop two spill by Johnny Campbell Racing Honda's Kendall Norman to run to his fifth win in the AMA Racing/Kenda National Hare & Hound Championship Series. Norman, the leader for most of the race and the winner of round six, settled for second while Monster Energy Kawasaki's Destry Abbott put in another podium performance for third.
Unlike round five run a few miles east, conditions for the 51st Annual Cherry Creek National on May 21, hosted by the Sugarloafers Motorcycle Club, couldn't have been much better. Rain most of the week leading up to race day left the two loops in prime condition with minimal mud and a slight breeze to carry away what little dust cropped up.
caselli_inside.jpg

At first, it appeared that Norman was on his way to his second consecutive triumph since returning to the series following a knee injury earlier in the season, as he built up a sizable lead over the mostly fast 65-mile first loop. The more technical 45-mile-long second loop higher up in the trees would prove pivotal.
"I knew it was going to be kind of a long race and maybe these guys would get a little tired at the end," Caselli said. "I came up to a check and they told me I was only 15 second behind Kendall. I think in the pits, I was about a minute or less [behind]. So I caught up and was just trying to ride patiently and eventually caught up to Kendall. He made a little bobble and I was able to get around him."
Caselli's win strengthened his hold on the series points lead, giving him 187, unofficially, while Purvines Racing Honda's David Pearson--fourth after a tough day--remains second with 159, unofficially. Abbott made up a little ground but remains third at 146, unofficially.
Concours Auto Body's Robert Underwood stormed to fifth followed by Zip-Ty Racing Husqvarna's Nick Burson, Northland Motorsports Kawasaki's Jeff Truelove, 250cc Expert winner Lane Buchert, Purvines Racing Honda's Carl Maassberg and Utah's Preston Hannifin.

Kendall Norman wins the battle, Kurt Caselli wins the war. - Round 8

Caselli Clinches Hare & Hound Title

Though he had no chance of retaining the number-one plate on his CRF450X, Johnny Campbell Racing Honda's Kendall Norman showed that he certainly could have been a contender for the title had a knee injury not kept him off the bike earlier this year. The defending series champ led from start to finish at the So Cal Motorcycle Club National, round eight of the AMA Racing/Kenda National Hare & Hound Championship Series, at Lucerne Valley, California, October 9, marking his second victory of the season.
Caselli_500.jpg

Kurt Caselli is the new AMA Hare & Hound National Champion.
But race runner-up Kurt Caselli of the FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team had the most to celebrate. By finishing ahead of Purvines Racing Honda's David Pearson, Caselli clinched the 2011 series championship with one round still to run, mimicking Norman's feat last year.
Monster Energy Kawasaki's Destry Abbott finished a strong third followed by Kawasaki of Simi Valley's Jacob Argubright and Pearson.
After nabbing the holeshot, Norman enjoyed a nearly dust-free race.
"I just rode really consistent and smooth, and just rode my own race," he said.
"Kendall was riding good," Caselli said. "I'd catch up to him then he'd pull me a little, I'd catch back up, and we were going back and forth.
"I'm happy to get the championship - not just for myself but for KTM as well."
Norman's JCR Honda teammate Quinn Cody, Purvines Racing Honda's Justin Morrow, JCR Honda's David Kamo, Zip-Ty Racing Husqvarna's Nick Burson and KTM-mounted Ivan Ramirez rounded out the top 10. The final race of the series takes place back in Lucerne on October 23.

Caselli Clinches Hare & Hound Title

Though he had no chance of retaining the number-one plate on his CRF450X, Johnny Campbell Racing Honda's Kendall Norman showed that he certainly could have been a contender for the title had a knee injury not kept him off the bike earlier this year. The defending series champ led from start to finish at the So Cal Motorcycle Club National, round eight of the AMA Racing/Kenda National Hare & Hound Championship Series, at Lucerne Valley, California, October 9, marking his second victory of the season.
Caselli_500.jpg

Kurt Caselli is the new AMA Hare & Hound National Champion.
But race runner-up Kurt Caselli of the FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team had the most to celebrate. By finishing ahead of Purvines Racing Honda's David Pearson, Caselli clinched the 2011 series championship with one round still to run, mimicking Norman's feat last year.
Monster Energy Kawasaki's Destry Abbott finished a strong third followed by Kawasaki of Simi Valley's Jacob Argubright and Pearson.
After nabbing the holeshot, Norman enjoyed a nearly dust-free race.
"I just rode really consistent and smooth, and just rode my own race," he said.
"Kendall was riding good," Caselli said. "I'd catch up to him then he'd pull me a little, I'd catch back up, and we were going back and forth.
"I'm happy to get the championship - not just for myself but for KTM as well."
Norman's JCR Honda teammate Quinn Cody, Purvines Racing Honda's Justin Morrow, JCR Honda's David Kamo, Zip-Ty Racing Husqvarna's Nick Burson and KTM-mounted Ivan Ramirez rounded out the top 10. The final race of the series takes place back in Lucerne on October 23.

Hey..Husky's in the top 10...:banana: awww...who cares ???

Abbott would finish out the season in the 3rd spot overall for the year and as he stood atop the podium as he has done all season long, this seasoned veteran (who always makes jokes about himself being the "old" guy), this 39-year old past National Champ, who also participates in WORCS, Endurocross, X-Games and ISDE, would announce that this would be his final year racing in this series. Abbott will still be racing many weekends out of the year and will now focus on doing more PR with Kawasaki and helping out the up-and-coming younger racers soon by opening his own training school. Destry, you have brought so much to the sport and racing your guts out almost every weekend for so many years. You are a true legend and champ! Good luck in your future and we'll see you at the races!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...hamp-.html?soid=1102987427428&aid=8eJIuRw51jU