65 99 kx 60. Engine doesnt turn over but not seized?

So i got a kx 60 1999. Ran good its new to me. Took it out the other day. Rode it for five minutes. Went to start it a few minutes later and when i kick it there is no resistance. So i assumed i melted the piston or something. So i pulled the plug and the piston isnt moving at all. So i put it in all the gears and it moves the rear tire so the bike is in gear. Theres no grinding or resistance whatsoever. Has anybody experienced this? Could i have sheared off a key in the crank or something so the transmission and motor are no longer connected? I plan on taking it apart to find out. I had talked to a few people out in the desert and nobody had heard of this. Any ideas?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Hey John, welcome to DBA!
I would suggest starting with a compression test if you're able. Lets verify that the piston really is or isn't moving first. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.
Pull the plug and put your finger over the hole and kick it. If there is any compression at all, your piston is moving.
Start with the basics, compression of any sort means internals are still connected.
Verify that and report back.

Spark plug out, plastic straw straight up and down, push kick start over slow will show piston movement. But if there is no compression as before, why even do that?