RM125 97 rm125 low compression on fresh top end

I'm gonna go with ran it lean, melted down the piston (and/or cylinder), resulting in low compression for $100 Bob.

Thought has crossed my mind....
If that’s your highest bid then I’m going with:
Installing new tire tubes to see if it will start.

140 PSI in a 125 is common upon new rebuild.

Pushing it down with your hand is easy to, but it shouldn't feel like plowing a 40yo hooker, but a tight little fresh hooker.
Just saying.

4 posts and you guys scared him away..good job!

OP - Did you do a heat cycle on it in the garage after the rebuild or just take it out and pin it? Was the plug fouled from the excess oil when lubing the piston walls during install or did you install dry? I'd pop the head off and see if you are getting blow by pass the rings. what kind of gap you see. Compression tester is good, but if you don't have one, then you are doing the above.

Also as Big D mentioned in the beginning, you did a rebuild, but did you do a carb clean as well?

4 posts and you guys scared him away..good job!

OP - Did you do a heat cycle on it in the garage after the rebuild or just take it out and pin it? Was the plug fouled from the excess oil when lubing the piston walls during install or did you install dry? I'd pop the head off and see if you are getting blow by pass the rings. what kind of gap you see. Compression tester is good, but if you don't have one, then you are doing the above.

Also as Big D mentioned in the beginning, you did a rebuild, but did you do a carb clean as well?

My friend said he did a few heat cycles and rode around but very gently. Plug was new. Ill have to look more into this thanks

hey I can take anything apart.. but I spend 20 minutes digging through all the crap on my bench looking for the tool that I JUST HAD IN MY FKNG HAND:foul::doh: