97-99 cr250 help- seat/front suspension help?

My seat is shot on my 97-99 cr250. Will a 2000 or a 2001 seat bolt right up with no modifications? I was going to just buy a new, But I found 2 in really nice shape for really cheap on ebay, like 30bucks free ship and its local to where i live so i'd receive them pretty quick. Also theres a 96 seat on there dirt cheap 18 bucks. But want one with no mod mounting.

And for the front suspension....horrible. previous owner said it was just rebuilt but theres probably only about 2-3 inches of compression and hardly any rebound maybe 1-2 inches. throws all over the place even on the smallest of bumps and makes it handle like shit.?

SRAD97750

Staff member
There would be modifications to use a later seat according to the parts diagrams. The tank mount is different as well as the location of the rear supports.

As for the suspension, I don't understand what you mean...
...only about 2-3 inches of compression and hardly any rebound maybe 1-2 inches...
Those particular functions of the fork are not measured in distance/length... :noidea:-BIG DAN

oh ok thats what i wasnt sure of with the seats. thanks.
But for the suspension, just setting there it looks like the forks are already compressed down some and if hold the front brake in and pushed down it only compresses down about 2-3 inches and only springs back up to me a little bit almost not at all, like its dragging but if i hold the back brake and pull up on the bars after pushing down, the forks will slide out farther then. the tubes aren't damaged or pitted and the seals look good.
distance and length are the only way i really know how to explain? sorry

SRAD97750

Staff member
I see, Sounds like the sliders/bushings are binding inside the fork. Might be best to pull them apart and check for a broken component.
Do you have seal savers installed by chance? I had a buddy use some simple shipping tape to hold the seal saver on. Well, it worked it's way between the fork tube and the seal and gave him the same weird binding. He disassembled, reassembled, and the binding was gone. -BIG DAN:thumb:

No, I don't think they have seal savers on them, I'll check though to be be sure. Sounds kind of simple though, I'll get tearing down tom. And see what I come up with. I also know that the kid I got it from said he set everything as soft as he could get it, he was only 130lbs maybe soaking wet and it was to stiff for him where I'm about 180. Could that causing issues too?