RM250 90 rm 250 questions

ok ladies and gents im fairly new to the dirt bike scene and very new to the motocross world I have a few questions I would like to ask...I have a 1990 (from minor research on vins I believe to be a 90) rm 250 I purchased about 2 weeks ago non running but was told it was last ran about and month ago prior to purchase (but who tells the whole truth on craigslist lol) so I have a no idea exactly what all it needs to run stock properly I do know that I tried poppin the clutch down a hill and got it to start 3 times but every time bogged out with in a few seconds or died when reved the throttle...so theres all the info I know about it currently as it sits...I have taken the time to break it all the way down to the frame and and forks with the front tire in the process of re painting...my questions would be are there any newer plastics I can throw on it? the back spring moves a lil side to side is that correct or does it need to be rebuilt (correct me if im wrong but from research ive heard that it is supposed to do that because of a spherical bearing design of that time?) I plan on just taking the motor to a shop to be rebuilt (don't know if it needs it yet but just gonna do it anyway) so feel free to tell me what upgrades and tuning I should do to the motor to get the maximum amount of power out of it...I was also wondering what class I could ride it in? would it be a decent bike to ride/race? is there anyway possible I could pu a slightly bigger back and front tire on it? any info/ suggetions is appreciated I will post pics of it as soon as possible..thank you can cant wait to hear from yall...happy, safe and thrilling riding to all!

WHOA!

OK... it looks to be a 1990.... I had 2- 89's
Now lets start with the basics like mentioned before get a manual ASAP... then proceed to clean the carb from the inside out. watch for harsh cleaners and take your time pulling it apart... This is a Mikuni flatside and very temperamental so be aware of all the gunk inside and miscellaneous parts.
once clean, reassemble and use fresh premium gas and a quality premix oil. Lucas makes a premix oil that is cheap and very good. This particular year uses 20:1 mixture for the gas so that's 6oz of oil for every 1gal of gas.
Also be sure to check for spark. It should be blue. The bike should start and run after this....

You'll be able to do a topend yourself if you can read and have the proper basic tools. Once disassembled take it to a reputable shop and have them check the cylinder and head for wear and to check the bore size. As a courtesy order your topend kit from there.
As for your suspension you'll need to use your manual to check the specifics on what to look for but I recommend taking it to a reputable shop for servicing until you become more wrench ready.

I hope this helped and good luck :cheers: