Hello,

I disassembled my engine to replace piston, bearings and seals and relied on my manuals too much. I didn't take a photo of the 3 shift fork positions and believe I have them installed properly but cannot find anything to guide me.
Anyone familiar enough that can glance at the photos and let me know if they look correct?
Photo angle is from the bottom of the engine, one of the forks has an L on it so it's obviously the left side when facing the engine bottom angle.

I'm working on the other half of the engine in the meantime, hoping to get a tip to help me feel better so I can reassemble and take her for a spin!Screenshot_20190811-223000_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190811-222939_Gallery.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
With the drum bottomed out on the forks like that, you're either in 1st or top gear.
Looks good but only shifting through through the gears will tell you.
It can be difficult to spin both shafts, jostle the shifter, and notice the ratio change all at the same time.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

With the drum bottomed out on the forks like that, you're either in 1st or top gear.
Looks good but only shifting through through the gears will tell you.
It can be difficult to spin both shafts, jostle the shifter, and notice the ratio change all at the same time.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
Thank you for the quick reply BIG DAN, tried shifting but I'll put the shift lever on and see if that helps since I'm turning the engine at the same time.
Pretty sure I'm good to go but don't want to assume anything!!!