82 suzuki dr 250 tire change

Hi im new to the world of dirtbikes and just aquired an old perfectly usable 82 suzuki dr250, i just need to know how to get the back tire off so i can change the tube, and any help would be appreciated, especially with pictures or a video. thanks

SRAD97750

Staff member
WELCOME!
Raise the wheel off the ground.
You are going to loosen the nut and remove the axle.
Then the rear wheel will move forward so you can get the chain off the sprocket.
Then pull the wheel to the left away from the brake and aft, they should come apart easily.

Change the tire and repeat steps in reverse for installation. Don't forget to properly tighten the chain on reassembly.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

If you don't need to change the tire, after you get the whelk off the bike, you should only need to loosen the wheel lock and break one side of the tire off the rim. Tire spoons or big pry bars help with this part. Pull the tube out and before you put the new tube back in shoot
A little air to it. Helps to have a round tube vs a flat tube when putting it in. YouTube has plenty of hoe to's.

Hi im new to the world of dirtbikes and just aquired an old perfectly usable 82 suzuki dr250, i just need to know how to get the back tire off so i can change the tube, and any help would be appreciated, especially with pictures or a video. thanks