4 strokes valve work

what makes the 05 special? Only minor changes between wr/yz-f between 03-12
If your asking me, I just haven't had any experience with them so i wasn't making any judgement's on them. Other than that, I think ole Skippy should get another :finger:.

Except the '03 WR's had an issue with the woodruff key shearing off.

If your asking me, I just haven't had any experience with them so i wasn't making any judgement's on them. Other than that, I think ole Skippy should get another :finger:.

01/02 250f's had an issue with the rivets on the wheel shearing as well.

:sorry: Nor was I making any judgments on any of your post. I did not quote you did I? :prof: By the way I never wore a skipper's hat. :P
Is this your way of wishing me Happy Birthday? :hug: thank you

Last edited:
:sorry: Nor was I making any judgments on any of your post. I did not quote you did I? :prof: By the way I never wore a skipper's hat. :P
Is this your way of wishing me Happy Birthday? :hug: thank you
thanks guys i think my friends are stupid.. my opinion is that MX bikes to need lots of valve adjustments cause its ran hard and hitting the rev limiter...unless you get aftermarket parts

i think my friends are stupid... my opinion is a hard ridden mx bike probaly need lots of valve adjustments..unless you get aftermarket parts.. but a moderately trail ridden bike could go 100+ hours if well taken care of..:thumb::cheers::clap::salute:

I'm gonna guess I had ~400 hours on mine before I did my work. And I am going to say that is being conservative. I didn't have an hour meter on it, but I do now. Since last May, I have 96 hours on it. So, to use that as an average, we will say 100 hours/yr. It's an '07. I probably rode it more at the beginning as there were a couple of years I did some 29 Palms to Lake Havasu rides. 210 miles each way. Did that 2 years in a row. But we will conservatively stay with the 100 hours/yr. Mid 2008-mid 2013 is 5 years = 500 hours. But, I was injured and off the bike for a year, so say 400 hours. Still, I think this is kind of conservative.

It will be interesting now that I have an hour meter. I don't race, but I certainly don't baby the bike. It is dual sported but I don't put too many street or fire road miles on it. You have to do what you have to do in some of the organized dual sport rides.