250f rev

James

Staff member
Does anybody know which 250f you have to rev the least to get going ?
Cheers :thumb:
Unless your an A/B Class rider racing motocross this isn't that big of an issue. If you're just riding around to have fun, go pick your favorite bike color and ride. :thumb: :ride:

Unless your an A/B Class rider racing motocross this isn't that big of an issue. If you're just riding around to have fun, go pick your favorite bike color and ride. :thumb: :ride:

Ok, It might be an issue for me, so which bike should I be looking at? :smirk:

A 450F that's what you should be looking at :prof:

Nahh just kidding. Yamaha's like to be revved, but they have a nice hit of power when you start getting em going.
I know Kawasaki's create good low end. Along with the Suzuki's.
I would stay away from Honda because of their outrageously horrible valves,:thumbsdown: especially the 250F's.
KTM I guess has great power all the way through the range, but be ready to spend more money if you're going to go with Orange. They tend to be more money.
:ride::ride::ride:

Thank for that ! Yeah I've been looking at a 2011 kawi kx 250f, good choice for bottom end punch then by the sounds of it ? Coz i've noticed by looking at the honda and kawi brochures the 250fs are designed for high rpm performance... Yeah im looking for something with the most bottom hit I could possibly get out of a stock 250f. Kawi the way to go ? :ride:

James

Staff member
Coz i've noticed by looking at the honda and kawi brochures the 250fs are designed for high rpm performance...
I'd say that all 250f's are designed for high rpm performance. If you're looking for a lot of bottom end grunt you'll need a 450f, however that's a whole another can of worms.

The 11 kx250f is a very solid bike, you won't be disappointed. :ride:

well it was actually a rmz 250 2006 which is the same bike as the 04-06 KX 250. but it just didnt have any power compared to a 03 and a 07 yz 250f. im sure they're better now though

James

Staff member
well it was actually a rmz 250 2006 which is the same bike as the 04-06 KX 250.
No that's incorrect, the 04-05 kx250f's and 04-05 rmz250's are the same, 06 was the first year they split the 250f.

Plus the 2011 is a completely different bike. :thumb:

Yeah it is :thumb:! And 2012 kx 250f is gonna be dual-injected woah jesus :shocked: !.. The first mx bike with dual-injection.. Nice :ride:.
KTMriderforlife, motor of which bike ?