2015 YZ250FX problem

Hi I am working on my brothers bike and it just randomly one day after cleaning and getting it ready for a trip, it will start and idle but once you give it any gas it gargles and sounds like its flooding and if you try to put it in gear and go it gargles and pretty much dies if you don't pull the clutch in. This was a couple months ago, now it does the same thing but will only come on when the choke is on, but still any gas it doesn't run and once I take the choke off it dies immediately. Here are the things I've done and thoughts of what the problem could be. Ive drained the gas and put fresh gas in, checked the Air temp sensor and it was dirty but i did clean it, pulled out the fuel injector and the outside of it was dirty but where it goes into the intake was clean, I checked the rectifier and I checked the diodes and it was good, and the spark plug is new. The battery is dead and it is the 2nd battery we've put in it so that's what makes me think its the rectifier but with it checking out with the multi meter im just not sure. If some one has any thoughts or has had this issue please let me know, we have a trip in a couple weeks and would love to get this resolved thanks.

Clean the carb thoroughly 3 times and then once more for good luck and set the float height. I say this because NO ONE cleans the carb thoroughly the first 2 times and always looks the other direction for problems.

Clean the carb thoroughly 3 times and then once more for good luck and set the float height. I say this because NO ONE cleans the carb thoroughly the first 2 times and always looks the other direction for problems.
Mike, there is no carb. It's FI. 2015.
Hi I am working on my brothers bike and it just randomly one day after cleaning and getting it ready for a trip, it will start and idle but once you give it any gas it gargles and sounds like its flooding and if you try to put it in gear and go it gargles and pretty much dies if you don't pull the clutch in. This was a couple months ago, now it does the same thing but will only come on when the choke is on, but still any gas it doesn't run and once I take the choke off it dies immediately. Here are the things I've done and thoughts of what the problem could be. Ive drained the gas and put fresh gas in, checked the Air temp sensor and it was dirty but i did clean it, pulled out the fuel injector and the outside of it was dirty but where it goes into the intake was clean, I checked the rectifier and I checked the diodes and it was good, and the spark plug is new. The battery is dead and it is the 2nd battery we've put in it so that's what makes me think its the rectifier but with it checking out with the multi meter im just not sure. If some one has any thoughts or has had this issue please let me know, we have a trip in a couple weeks and would love to get this resolved thanks.
I would check the battery first. If its good, and I'm assuming it is, then on to the next step in the process of elimination.
Check for a battery draw.
I'm guessing this is not your problem but get the basics out of the way first.
If it cranks you have amperage.
With the rectifier you should have no contact to ground IIRC. Are there 3 leads?
Whats the voltage at the battery when running?

ha ha Mike just didn't read the post! He said injector lol.
To the OP clean the injector, there are plenty of YT tutorials on how to clean them. Also make sure the sensor is attached properly, a simple detached or split hose may be the problem.

Mike, there is no carb. It's FI. 2015.

I would check the battery first. If its good, and I'm assuming it is, then on to the next step in the process of elimination.
Check for a battery draw.
I'm guessing this is not your problem but get the basics out of the way first.
If it cranks you have amperage.
With the rectifier you should have no contact to ground IIRC. Are there 3 leads?
Whats the voltage at the battery when running?
ha ha Mike just didn't read the post! He said injector lol.
To the OP clean the injector, there are plenty of YT tutorials on how to clean them. Also make sure the sensor is attached properly, a simple detached or split hose may be the problem.

I still say clean the carb twice and then once more for good luck.
didn’t know Yammi had a fuel injected 2T. And if it’s injected why does it have a choke?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Sorry to hear of your troubles.
What is the battery voltage when the bike is running?
Sorry, I am not familiar with that specific model.
-BIG DAN:thumb: