450F 2015 Kawasaki Stiff Ride

I just purchased a 2015 Kawasaki KX 450F. Of course this year comes with the Air shock system. Holy crap is this bike stiff on the landing even in standard compression. Of course dirt biking is new as I am used to street bikes. I hit my helmet on the handlebars three times during my most recent MX track excursion. How do I get this bike to be a little more reboundy than stiff?

Secondly I am 5'8" with a lower COG. I was thinking of putting a lowering link in. Any suggestions on a link? I have heard of Devol. Otherwise is there another way to lower the bike so I am not fighting to keep from tipping over while trying to kickstart?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Some are really happy with the link. first thing is to get into the manual and set the race sag as it is known for you and your novice skills. do the same on the fork. after doing that and getting some practice in is when i would start looking to change the link etc. when you do that you change the damping and the way the front end works as well. that steep learning curve as well as the buy in is part of the price that people with little experience pay when buying something that would out perform what the national champ was riding about 3 seasons ago.

Hit you helmet eh? That stiff susp isn't the problem there! I don't think "reboundy" is what you're after. Ossa is right about the sag it's pretty easy to do and the only place to start. Bike on the ground- measure fender to axle doesn't matter where just close to vertical and the same point on subsequent measurements. Bike with you on it fully geared up should squat about 4" if it doesn't give enough sag loosen the rear spring preload by backing off the lock nut then the preload nut by a couple spins and try again. Once you get the desired sag lock it back down. Susp reb/comp is tricky to set just make small adj at a time and always remember your starting points. Go all the way out or in and count the clicks, then go back where you started. Usually it's best to start somewhere in the middle. You don't want too soft "reboundy" you're not riding a pogo stick. You want controlled lift out of your rebound not dead, but not springy. I personally like it to come up initially quick, then slow into the last part of the stroke. I test susp settings using the same medium sized jump and while sitting, that way I use full load of my body weight. If you're standing, you can absorb a lot of the g into the face with your knees and it can apply weight too late ino the jump face. Squatting, you can hit the same jump at the same speed and your bike can react differently each time. I like to sit through the transition and stand as I leave the ground. ..and then stick my butt out an pretend I'm whippin.. lol
just one guys opinion.
Welcome to the club be safe out there and quit banging that noggin