Other 2008 CRF 100F Idle issue

Hey guys I have a 2008 crf 100 that is having trouble idling, the bike has sat for a little over a year now and when I received the bike from the previous owner I took the carb off to clean it because the float was stuck causing it to leak. I got the leak taken care of and got the bike to start up, however the bike is not wanting to idle, I took the carb off again and noticed I could not see all through the pilot jet. The bike runs fine at low and high RPM's just wont idle, My question is would a clogged pilot jet cause the bike not to idle and should I pick up a new one?

Remove the pilot jet and clean each hole out, even the center hole. The holes are so small that evaporated fuel clogs them and at times you will see light through them, but they are still clogged. I use a welder tip cleaner wire to clean them.

Paw Paw

if you use a welder tip cleaner it may cut the hole and make it larger since it is serrated and steel, the jets are softer brass. I use a single strand of electrical wire from a multi strand wire. The hole end to end on the pilot is what supplies the fuel to the venturi and is usually what clogs up. On a 100 the hole may be small so try a couple of different wire sizes. It has ALWAYS worked for me. Never had to buy a new pilot due to being clogged.

In over 45 years of using the welders tip cleaners on jets I have never had a single jet suffer from the cleaning or have any damage.

Paw Paw