250 2007 kx 250 rebuilding the whole bottom end of motor

im building my bike from ground up, and i got a few questions. wher can i get brand new cases? a new transmission ( all gears already put 2gether ) and how much wood it cost to have some1 rebuild the bottom half of the motor? just the bottom half, i can do the top myself

New cases can be found at motosports.com or bikebandit.com... Any place that says OEM parts... They are pricey pieces ..If you check ebay you could probably find a complete bottom end cheaper.... The shops around here charge 70 bucks and hour...:shocked:

IF i get some time later on... I will look around at prices... And see where the best deals are...

Welcome!... Dont forget to start an intro thread... https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/all-about-dirt-bike-addicts/new-members/ And post some pics!:ride:

2007 kx 250 rebuilding

i am building my 2007 kx 250 from ground up and wunna have everything all brand new! so few questions, wher can i get new cases and a new jug ( cylander ) and cylander head?......how much?...............and how much would it cost for sum1 to rebuild the whole bottom half of the motor? atleast the transmission and crank shaft and crank rod and magneto if the bike has 1..... i can do piston and rings and put the cylander and clutches on and stuff.... thanks

i am building my 2007 kx 250 from ground up and wunna have everything all brand new! so few questions, wher can i get new cases and a new jug ( cylander ) and cylander head?......how much?...............and how much would it cost for sum1 to rebuild the whole bottom half of the motor? atleast the transmission and crank shaft and crank rod and magneto if the bike has 1..... i can do piston and rings and put the cylander and clutches on and stuff.... thanks
Whats wrong with those pieces?
A new jug alone is $3-400.... And pointless to buy...
Cases are a few hundred a piece....
If it ain't broke, don't replace it... Unless its a wear part, like a top/ bottom end..

ill buy them used i just well cant find them lol i get on ebay ( only used site i know ) and itz all kxf full motors ( the 4 strokes ) and i dnt wunna find 1 and buy it and ther be sumtin wrong with the bottom end of the motor ya kno

ill buy them used i just well cant find them lol i get on ebay ( only used site i know ) and itz all kxf full motors ( the 4 strokes ) and i dnt wunna find 1 and buy it and ther be sumtin wrong with the bottom end of the motor ya kno

Is yurs brokin dood?

lol ,my 2006 kx 250 was frigged right over man,i had bought the bike with 80 hours on entire bike and rode her for another 15(motor had never been taken apart)and went through a mud pit and cracked and chatered the piston cracked the intake side of the cylinder,crank had alot of up and down play and all my bearings were sticky and wouldent move fully without force.your gonna spend an awful lot on a new cylinder,cost me 500 for cyl,250 for crank,150 for bearings for whole motor,100 for gasket and seal kit,30 for primrary gears and 250 bucks for new clutch basket.just dont make the same mistake like i did and get the 05 crank,or you will have to change the clutch basket and primrary gears wich will cost you alot more cash(up to 350 bucks more lol.:foul:anywhooo thats my 5 cents :cheers: