2004 Honda crf450

image.jpeg image.jpeg hey guys, first of all I don't know not a damn thing about dirt bikes and I'm looking to buy a 2004 crf450 with a broken engine(which is the bottom piece of the block). To tell you truth I have no idea what this bike has, it has some stickers that say six12, pivot works, hotcam. The engine broke due to some idiot put transmission fluid into the oil port and turned it on for 3 minutes and cracked wide open. I want to know if this bike is worth fixing, and could I just get the bottom piece cause only the bottom cracked or do I have to get a new engine, any advice will help thanks guys !

SRAD97750

Staff member
WELCOME.
some idiot put transmission fluid into the oil port and turned it on for 3 minutes and cracked wide open.
That isn't a recipe for disaster. Something else was terribly wrong to cause this kind of damage.
If this is how it was treated (maintenance) on the engine side, I imagine the rest is in shambles as well.

I would offer about $400 for the rolling chassis, but those cases, and entire bottom end is a complete loss.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Okay yeah I only paid $400 and in payments, but if I end up fixing it to resale it can I make a profit? Or is it going to be to expensive for the new motor and installing it?
In my area, the bike is worth $2000 running, registered, title in hand. But I can find them cheaper.
-BIG DAN:thumb: