2 Stroke 2003 jr50 race build

I'm sure everybody remembers their jr50. I was born in 85, started riding a Suzuki 50 quad in 88, and moved on to a jr50 in 89. my dad raced 125 A then, and I remember trailing him, deep into the woods, to an awesome track called the point. it seemed like everybody rode/ raced back then, and my dad and his 'crew' built this huge track with nothing but what the earth gave us, a shovel, a pick, a hoe, and a wheel barrow. I even had my own mini track inside the big track. i remember day dreaming that my swingarm said full floater haha. I remember thinking I replicated David Baileys style in the air. I was 4 and loved my bike.
Isn't it crazy how fast time goes by? seems like all that was just yesterday, but now, I have a 4 year old, on his jr50. just like me, he thinks its super rad, but super sluggish.
so
we decided to build the worlds fastest jr50. if all goes well, we'll rename it a mongoose, and its main purpose will be to kill cobras.
<br><br>
uploadfromtaptalk1335154865663.jpg<br>uploadfromtaptalk1335154966241.jpg<br>uploadfromtaptalk1335155049692.jpg<br>
so far we<br>
1- punched out the restricting washers in the pipe and removed the silencer. soon were getting an fmf pipe! yes they make it :D<br>
2- removed the restrictor jet. its was like a piggyback on the main.<br>
3- ground the lip off the head for raised compression. i wish I would of taken before and after. <br>
4- modified a mesh cold air type filter to replace the 'airbox'.<br>
5- 2nd gear mod<br>
<br><br>
things to do-<br>
1- fmf pipe<br>
2- crf50 triple clamps, usd forks, and protapers<br>
3- drop 1 tooth on the rear (can't find one so I might have to fab from another)
4- bore .80 <br>
uploadfromtaptalk1335155872632.jpg<br>
more pics to come in the next few days, this things is looking :cool::cool::cool:... <br><br>
I'm thinking about fabbing a crf swingarm and single shock. :cool:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I love ANY build. The weird, the frankenstein, the race build. Any modification to an engine and wheels sounds like a good time.

Post up your results hutch. I'm waiting...:popcorn:

i gotta see this :popcorn:
I came home early today and I'm staying home for most of the day tomorrow so as long as I don't feel like total crap I'm gonna put it back together and take some pics :thumb:
we plan on getting a ktm soon, but the jr will live on. when I was little I had a jr. but of course when my younger brother was still on 50s the sweet ones hit the seen and he had an italjet with usds all kinds of shyt.. 50s now are beyond anything I ever dreamed of haha

I came home early today and I'm staying home for most of the day tomorrow so as long as I don't feel like total crap I'm gonna put it back together and take some pics :thumb:
we plan on getting a ktm soon, but the jr will live on. when I was little I had a jr. but of course when my younger brother was still on 50s the sweet ones hit the seen and he had an italjet with usds all kinds of shyt.. 50s now are beyond anything I ever dreamed of haha

Skip the KTM 50 and get him a 65 :smirk:

Awesome thread man. Keep the pics coming. And yeah...time passes at an amazing rate. Its awesome your little ones are into bikes like you. My daughter already wants to ride mine. She says its cool :)