250 2000 YZ 250 Build Thread

Here is my father in laws old trusty. He got this YZ in 2001 after it was in an accident and it fell off the trailer and slid across the freeway. When we got it the foot peg and mount were ground off the right side. The swing arm was also bent and ground down through the chain tensioners.

We rewelded the foot peg mounts and got a new OEM swingarm. After we added the new footpegs we had the frame and subframe powder coated what was suppose to be blue but came out a purple color.

I dont have any pictures of the original build but I do have some pictures of the latest additions.

Here it is with the new suspension. Ohlins front and rear.

Pic2.JPG

Here is an FMF factory Fatty pipe.

DSC_0248.JPG

Here is a shot of the rear.

pic3.JPG

Here she sits tonight waiting for a new sprocket.

pic7.JPG

so sexy. i bet that suspension is nice. forks look great. so was it pretty much stock before you started this rebuild?

so sexy. i bet that suspension is nice. forks look great. so was it pretty much stock before you started this rebuild?

The suspension was stock but the motor was all done and everything. This rebuild we put a new pipe suspension and put titanium axles front and rear in. Also getting new graphics and a guts seat for it as well.