2000 rm 250 no spark

I recently bought a 2000 rm250 that had no spark and was told it needed a new stator. So I replaced the stator and still no spark. Has new spark plug as well and I even disconnected the kill switch with no luck. Previous owner said they put a new cpil on it but I tested the ohms anyways. The ohms were running about 1.5-1.7 I don't know what these coils are supposed to Run? Any help or input would be much appreciated!

Dead plugs can be bought right out of the box. CDI could be the problem. Before you go buying expensive parts, trace the wiring and check resistance.
And while you are here, introduce yourself and drop some pics of the bike.

How do you check the resistance? Don't know much about dirt bikes This deep. And I will grab a new plug tomorrow to check if it's a bad plug. And if it is the cdi is there a way you could tell?

Attachments

• received_829894920418001.jpeg
    received_829894920418001.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
Don't forget to check the plug wire.....or pull the plug wire and see if spark jumps off the coil tower.

Welcome to DBA Austin

Last edited:
CDI testing. Most manuals tell you to swap it with a "known functional one". Great help, huh?

Sand down all the ground contacts, and you already tried my first trick (kill button). check the cap for continuity and plug wire as was mentioned too. The lead up from the stator is a great place to lose spark.

So today I bought a new spark plug, no luck. Took the stator back off sanded down all the metal where it grounds out at. Still no luck. Does any one know how many ohms the coil is supposed to run On these bikes? I think the coil may be bad. But I have checked all the connectors and even the grounds. Still no luck