1999 Suzuki rm125

Hey guys I have a 1999 rm125 and I need help decoding the vin because I just bought it and previous owner didn't tighten the crank gear bolt and it backed its self out and put a hole through My inner clutch cover now I need to replace cover and don't know what cover to purchase

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well that's what my buddy's research said something about different letter codes for engine i dont know my question is that true or do I just search for a 99 in clutch cover

go to a site like bikebandit.com and see what the part number(s) are for a 99. then you can check the same thing for a year or two either way. I am betting you can put one from several years on yours just like the other brands. the hole i see can be fixed well enough to use in the meantime by anyone of a number of epoxy type adhesives.

SRAD97750

Staff member
From what i can see, that cover only needs some quicksteel and sanding.
I personally wouldn't replace that cover. But I'm a cheap bastard. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Well got the cover 24 bucks used now looking for the gasket but can't find a decent company to buy from

Oem is the way to go. I did use a moose gasket once and that was a nice gasket.
Bike bandit.com
Motosport.com
Rockymtnatv/mc.com

When there are shafts involved in the equation, that gasket thickness is figured in clearance and alignment at the factory. So usually using something out of a tube isn't the best fit. You can patch a gasket with it or make up for a bad cut if you decide to make a gasket. Usually using it alone is less than satisfactory and in most cases when you are not talking about end gaskets on a chevy small block's intake manifold, a GIANT step backwards when a gasket or oring was in the original design. Why butcher it when you went so far as to get another case to begin with?

go to a site like bikebandit.com and see what the part number(s) are for a 99. then you can check the same thing for a year or two either way. I am betting you can put one from several years on yours just like the other brands. the hole i see can be fixed well enough to use in the meantime by anyone of a number of epoxy type adhesives.
epoxy ,sand it, and paint over it