1999 rm 125 (x)

Names richard and im back on 2 wheels again, this is my second post (if you cant count the intro post). Picked up a freebie this week, 1999 rm 125 (x vin). Basket case with a blown lower end but I'm having a hell of a time finding a lower end kit on this bike. What's the deal? Opinions welcome but I'd like to rebuild or replace the power plant and I'm searching for some guidance, not real worried about mechanical ability, not real worried about tools, not looking for any crazy motor swaps :wink: Thanks in advance yall.

Names richard and im back on 2 wheels again, this is my second post (if you cant count the intro post). Picked up a freebie this week, 1999 rm 125 (x vin). Basket case with a blown lower end but I'm having a hell of a time finding a lower end kit on this bike. What's the deal? Opinions welcome but I'd like to rebuild or replace the power plant and I'm searching for some guidance, not real worried about mechanical ability, not real worried about tools, not looking for any crazy motor swaps :wink: Thanks in advance yall.

They don't make a crank kit for that bike for some reason. You will have to rebuild it. Wiseco will sell you all the individual parts or your local shop can supply what you will need when they rebuild it.

Ive got a weisco account but didn't get around to calling them today, seems odd that this crank is rebuilt when so many are just replaced but I'm game. Hopefully i will get a chance to tear into the cases next month and see how bad the damage is.

Ive got a weisco account but didn't get around to calling them today, seems odd that this crank is rebuilt when so many are just replaced but I'm game. Hopefully i will get a chance to tear into the cases next month and see how bad the damage is.

Yeah, it's strange but the rebuild is about 150 while the new crank is around 220 for the entire kit. Good luck and keep us posted. :thumb:

I'd like to see where you found the crank for around $200 mihylo33 most I've seen are back ordered or $600+. after some light research today the suzuki part number is 12200-36e20 (which according to multiple sources fits 1996 to 2000 as well as a few other part numbers). I've yet to find part numbers for the gear cases to see what engines could be possible donors but I'm hopeful.

And now I see I'm gonna need some explanation, going through the parts books I show 2 crankcase models, the first is labeled "T and V" the second is labeled "W, X, Y" fitment seems dependent on this, I would assume the model is referring to the year model except that both are listed for the 1999 rm 125.

I'd like to see where you found the crank for around $200 mihylo33 most I've seen are back ordered or $600+. after some light research today the suzuki part number is 12200-36e20 (which according to multiple sources fits 1996 to 2000 as well as a few other part numbers). I've yet to find part numbers for the gear cases to see what engines could be possible donors but I'm hopeful.

They're up in price about $100 since I last bought one.
http://www.wiseco.com/ProductSearch.aspx

Stored the bike in the shop today, just a quick rummage through the hard parts and looks like it's all there. Engine is on the bench with the jug pulled. Crank is dirty and the rod bearing is frozen (the guy never covered the open case...) carb is in the dip and so far I'm happy. Hoping to pop the box apart this weekend for a full inspection :) pics this weekend hopefully

Couldn't wait for this weekend to open the side covers, small amount of moisture spots in the flywheel case but the electronics and flywheel look excellent. Pulled the clutch cover and pack and to my surprise she has Hinson friction plates with maybe a few rides on them, Of course the down side is the basket and hub look like cheap serrated steak knives though... Come to find out my case splitter is missing too so on to track down who used it last and see if I can borrow it back lol

Tracked down my spliter and broke the cases this morning, both trans bearings need replacing, big end crank bearing is shot (I'm sure the pin is too). But thats all I see that's worn-out :) I'll get the crank sent out next week and get to rebuilding this little critter before the end of the month!

Also if anyone needs a 1979 rm 125 case set with trans hit me up, had a guy drop off a stripped down dual shock frame with no jug or head. I don't need it but I don't want to scrap it with the frame.

So absolutely no love was given to the Zook this week, between my boys and wife I was too busy to tinker much. Hopefully soon though as I have a throttle addiction that needs soothing.

So absolutely no love was given to the Zook this week, between my boys and wife I was too busy to tinker much. Hopefully soon though as I have a throttle addiction that needs soothing.

No rush to sooth the addiction. It will still be there. A long time after the 99 is gone and the kids move away, the addiction will still be there