1991 yz250 suggestions

well there are lots of things that a bike will do with age, when it isn't kept in tune. cleaning the carburetor and setting the float is a good idea, but i think i would save riding until i had it apart and put in a piston. the skirts can break off and that gets spendy as far as what you may have to replace then.
Yeah my buddy's just got new bikes and I was debating on riding with them or not because I notice my bike does get decently hot quick and I don't want to break it I enjoy the bike way too much for that

get the piston, check the crankshaft well when you are in there, and get used to it. the forks are a big difference. I have front ends, but I am a long ways off in alaska.

get the piston, check the crankshaft well when you are in there, and get used to it. the forks are a big difference. I have front ends, but I am a long ways off in alaska.
Yeah I just don't want to be flying down the road and everything just falls apart or something like getting a jump and the forks just going completely

How much would you sell the front ends? I'm in Pennsylvania I'm sure we could figure something out if it comes down to it

Technically you should not hone a plated cylinder. What you can do is clean up with a scotch brite pad. Reason is that hone or even ball hone can chip the plating at the ports, and the ports will need to be chamfered after any work is performed in the jug. Can be a PITA. So, before you run off half cocked make sure what you have is:
1) original
2) size bore for next size piston
3) any other items that will be needed along the way.
With any old bike it is best to get it running sweet first, then run through suspension performance, than cosmetic looks.
Carry on, I wont bore you any further.

Technically you should not hone a plated cylinder. What you can do is clean up with a scotch brite pad. Reason is that hone or even ball hone can chip the plating at the ports, and the ports will need to be chamfered after any work is performed in the jug. Can be a PITA. So, before you run off half cocked make sure what you have is:
1) original
2) size bore for next size piston
3) any other items that will be needed along the way.
With any old bike it is best to get it running sweet first, then run through suspension performance, than cosmetic looks.
Carry on, I wont bore you any further.
Lmao I see what you did their and I appreciate the knowledge for this I wouldn't know anything else

Okay so I've done more looking and I can't find the serial number on the exterior so it must be under the tank but what I can't figure out is from 91-94 there were no bikes I could find with a red frame and it isn't spray painted it's professionally done any help? I have plenty of pics now and I'll have them up I found a 92 with the same graphics just not the same color of frame... I will say this my head has serial number 4DA00